Does KY Fire Gillespe W/O A Commitment From

akgopher

Reaction score
A Donovan or Calipari type coach? Especially considering all the money they are on the hook for with Gillespe. Doesn't seem like there's any margin for error this time.

I would, he acts like a child and should be put in time out. Clear the air and make sure people know that he is NOT your coach or the head of your program.

easier said than done, he still has 5 years remaining on his deal.

I'll go in timeout if it means someone is going to pay me $6 million to just sit there in the corner. IIRC, that's what Kentucky would owe him if they fired him this offseason.

Having two mediocre years at Kentucky will not ruin his career. It may cost him shots at really high profile gigs, but he could definitely still find work in BCS conferences with lower profile teams. And if you're still collecting that Kentucky money while you're working this new gig, it's almost like you're getting paid to coach Kentucky without having to deal with astronomical expectations and an insane fanbase.

6 million, he should be trying to get canned. He'd make sense for a UVA or Alabama reclamation project.

Top Bottom