Dower

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
Saw him play last night and I was very impressed, wish he was heading to the U. Was it just a numbers thing? Looks like he is still growing could end up being around 6'10 and he has a nice shooting touch and is athletic.

Saw him play last night and I was very impressed, wish he was heading to the U. Was it just a numbers thing? Looks like he is still growing could end up being around 6'10 and he has a nice shooting touch and is athletic.

No, Tubby offered. He just chose to go to Gonzaga.

I don't think the Gophers.........

got real interested until it was too late. I agree Dower should have a nice upside. He is long, and can hit the 15-17 footer. Not a real agressive low block player yet, but doesn't need to be YET. Like Rodney, his defensive posture is quite passive......he's just use to blocking everthing at the last minute.

And of course....he's a Lefty!:D

He was a plan B type option for us. I can't fault Tubby if he becomes a stud at Gonzaga for letting him slip away. He blossomed last off-season and wasn't spectacular as a sophomore or junior at Osseo.

No, Tubby offered. He just chose to go to Gonzaga.

I'm trying to remember the timing, but I believe Sam accepted his Gonzaga offer, so we were left with another spot for Trevor. Personally, I think Trevor is a much better get for the Gophers. I wish Dower the best, and know he'll do well, but if I had to choose, Mbakwe all the way!

I'm trying to remember the timing, but I believe Sam accepted his Gonzaga offer, so we were left with another spot for Trevor. Personally, I think Trevor is a much better get for the Gophers. I wish Dower the best, and know he'll do well, but if I had to choose, Mbakwe all the way!
Gonzaga was on the Dower train before anyone else, and continually went after him harder than anyone. I think by the time the U even was talking to Sam, he was already in bed with the Zags.

Hard to blame the kid; when a school like sort of "believed" in you before anyone else. Good get for Few and the staff out there...

Can't blame a kid for wanting to go to Gonzaga either. He should have a great experience.

Here's my deal with Trevor. Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't like all of the drama that has surrounded him.

He was at Sibley. Then going to Atlanta. Then St. Bernard's. Then there were questions about whether he'd qualify. Then Marquette. Then juco. Next the Gophers.

Maybe it all works out, but the skeptical part of me says Hmmmmmmmmm.

Here's my deal with Trevor. Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't like all of the drama that has surrounded him.

He was at Sibley. Then going to Atlanta. Then St. Bernard's. Then there were questions about whether he'd qualify. Then Marquette. Then juco. Next the Gophers.

From reading your posts anonymous you are quite cynical. You probably had cynicism with Tubby coming here. Is he looking for a soft landing is he trying to escape. I haven't seen you post this constant cynicism about other programs. Part of me says Hmmmmmmmm.

Were you guys watching the same game as I was? He was playing against an extremely small Jefferson team..

His low post defense was poor. He missed a lot of easy shots, and there was a play he had a wide open rim and he apparently didn't jump high enough to get above the rim.

He has potential, but there's no way he's actually 6'9. Moses is listed at 6'5 and is closer to 6'4, and there's no way Dower had 5 inches on him. He might develop into something in the future, but I like all of the Gophers recruits a lot more than Dower.

Also, I'm curious how someone can tell he 'looks like he's still growing?' Because the announcers said "if he gets 3 more inches he could be a 7 footer!" (Well, no shit, if Yao Ming gets 6 more inches he'll be an 8 footer..) I think Dower is closer to 6'7 or 6'8, and I really doubt he grows much more.

Dower would have been a good recruit in the Monson era, but Tubby's classes are better.. and Dower isn't on the same level as Royce or Mbakwe, and Rodney and Cobbs fill much bigger needs. (And I think they're both better players anyways)

I have had some of those same thoughts. OTOH, as I posted previously, it seems Tubby is truly excited about him. This morning's Sid column was just another in a series of interviews I've read or heard where Tubby really sings Trevor's praises and what he'll bring next year. None of last year's recruits (Joseph, Sampson, Iverson, Carter, Bostick) and none of the other recruits this year (White, Williams, Cobbs) have/are getting comments like that from Tubby. Heck, there was another post (yesterday?) that had a Gopherholer sitting next to Mrs Tubby & she was raving about Trevor.

Trust me, I felt the EXACT same way when I found out we were 1st recruiting him. I did not want him at all. It seems like Tubby was very skeptical too. I guess I don't worry too much now though - he's done well this year, plus, he's only going to be a 2 year player for us, so I don't worry about him bolting or leaving before the 2 years are up. At this point in time too, we need a little experience.

This may seem silly, but it's also my intuition - I get a bad feeling about a lot of kids I talk to, Trevor was the opposite. I was skeptical going into meeting him, and really had a good feeling. I think he's gone through some things that have made him grow up. Like I said, I know this is silly - but I look at how reliable these kids are. Do they get back to you, do they do what they say they're going to do? Every interaction I've had with Trevor he has been very mature and reliable.

Not sure how that will transfer to the court, but I do have a good feeling about him.

P.S. Tubbytime - I'm with you, I didn't think Dower had the best game last night. Not to say he won't be good, or isn't good, but I don't think it was his best performance.

In fairness, how much of Mbwake's travels had to do with his family's issues rather than his own doing- like Royce White.

I'm guarded about his impact because we've been burned by JUCO hype.

How many layups did Dower miss last night, the same number he misses every game. Dower was the biggest player on the court by 5 inches and he was average at best, how was anyone impressed? Wait until you see the rebounding monster Trevor has become and it won't be a comparison.

Top Bottom