Teagues says U will look at adding lacrosse

BleedGopher

Reaction score

Men's or women's or both? How do we still not have a men's soccer team?

"Teagues says U will look at adding lacrosse"

Will they be in the Leaders or Legends division?

Men's or women's or both? How do we still not have a men's soccer team?

Gold Vision -- Maybe if we add Women's Lacrosse, we'll be able to eventually add Men's Soccer as well? Or it might take adding 2 women's sports just to get 1 more men's sport? Since Football puts every school that has it WAY behind the 8 ball when it comes to Title IX issues. Not sure what after Lacrosse would be another women's sport we could add?!

Makes me curious, and I'll probably wait until after the next round of expansion takes place, but I could see us adding women's sports that put us in conf competition with new members like Maryland. So if we add, say Virginia and UNC, what women's sports do those 4 schools(Rutgers, Maryland, UNC & UV) compete in that we don't, other than Lacrosse?!

And I wonder if UMn would ever consider participating in Women's Wrestling?! lol I know UM-Morris used to.

Title IX. I know we used to have a men's soccer team. Not sure that it was straight up Div 1 Varsity or whatever, but I do remember reading an article about the team. Maybe it was the club team? Not sure if we still have one or not?

The Men's soccer team is jaw dropping to me. How does a university this big not have collegiate soccer?

It's not uncommon for major universities to not field a men's soccer teams. The B1G is currently at 7 teams and will go up to 9 when Rutgers and Maryland join. The SEC doesn't even have a soccer conference.

Top Bottom