Buckeyes' B.J. Mullens declares for draft

He was one-and-done as soon as he got on campus. Not a big surprise. NBA loves the tall/athletic type, so he'll go pretty high in the draft. I'll beat he's a lottery pick this year. The NBA puts a lot of emphasis on potential, which he has a lot of.

It will be interesting to see how the Buckeyes fare next year as they don't bring in anyone new. They have a spectacular (likely #1 in the nation) class for 2010, but until then, they've got to make due with the players they have.

NBA is close to raising the age limit by one year..which would greatly improve the quality of college hoops I think. If the studs have to stay 2 years...that makes the boarderline NBAers stay 3 or 4 years.

If you'll be a mid to high first round pick, I personally think it is a mistake to stay in school. I also think the age limit of the NBA is wrong, although it does expose college basketball to better players.

He might get picked in the first round, even the lottery, but will he get a second contract in the league? From the little I saw of him this year, he's got a lot of development left in his game, and I don't see him getting off a NBA bench next season.

I wasn't too impressed with Mullens when I saw him this year. He seems a little raw and when he was productive it was against smaller posts, from what I saw, which won't be the case in the NBA.

All the more reason for him to go pro now, before his lack of production is interpreted as a lack of results instead of merely inexperience.

I personally was impressed with his athleticism and potential in both games that we played him. It's his potential that will get him drafted, just like about half of the top 10 every year.

I believe Mullins' family has had financial troubles over the years. One would assume that weighed heavily in his decision. Assuming he's a first round pick, he has a good deal of money guaranteed over 3 (or is it 4?) years. Lots of potential with all that size and athleticism.

Just read the story on ESPN and UWOle you are correct Mullin's did have a troubled childhood and even was in a homeless shelter for awhile per the article. Any way I think Turner is also gone so the question at this point is "Will Matta return to Columbus next season?" he said at the beginning of the season that he might leave if he had another set of studs leave which is happening. So if he leaves where does he go? Kentucky? Arizona? Bama? Georgia? Virginia? the NBA?

Just a side note but it sounds like Travis Ford will be leaving Stillwater OK and moving to Lexington KY. The hot news is that Kentucky will offically fire Billy tomorrow and introduce Ford at a single press conference.

Just read the story on ESPN and UWOle you are correct Mullin's did have a troubled childhood and even was in a homeless shelter for awhile per the article. Any way I think Turner is also gone so the question at this point is "Will Matta return to Columbus next season?" he said at the beginning of the season that he might leave if he had another set of studs leave which is happening. So if he leaves where does he go? Kentucky? Arizona? Bama? Georgia? Virginia? the NBA?

Actually Evan Turner has already declared he is coming back.

LINK

So they're getting the entire team back except Mullins, plus a healthy Lighty back. They could be very dangerous.

Top Bottom