Washburn is a well oiled machine!

GopherLady

Reaction score
They are up 74-52 against St. Paul Johnson with 4:50 to go.

They are just a well coached team - aside from having great talent and athletes, they do the fundamentals. Great defense, passing, selfless players. Some of the ball movement between Dylan Hale, Deaaron Hearn and Cedric Martin, has been fantastic. Ra'Shede's been quite the asset as well.

This is a fun team to watch, turn on channel 45 if you have access to a TV to catch the rest of it. Or, I'd assume they're headed straight to the finals, so you can catch their next game!

Washburn won convincingly - 91-66. Hale was player of the game.

They will be tough to beat. Only lost to Hopkins earlier this year by 9 (91-82).

What are people's thoughts on Hageman walking on to the hoops team. I've never seen him on the hardwood, but I'd like to add as many big bodies as possible. If nothing else, he would be in good shape and ready to compete by the time the B10 season starts. Hageman and Henderson (a couple years down the road) would be the big boys we need to compete against MSU.

Hageman is not consistent enough to contribute on the basketball team right now. In a couple of years if he worked at it and develops he definetely could be. He sure has the physical attributes, size, quickness, moves well, has good hands, etc.. I don't think he is skilled enought yet for b10 basketball. I think he should stick with football.

Mankato will give Washburn a game. They are skilled, well coached, and play well together. That will be the game to watch on Saturday. Washburn with there top five in the game dominated Johnson completely. When they substituted Johnson was able to cut the lead a bit, up until the last six minutes or so when Washburn ran away with it.

They will be tough to beat. Only lost to Hopkins earlier this year by 9 (91-82).

And I believe that was their 1st game of the year. Honestly - after seeing the teams tonight, and some games throughout the season - I think Washburn and Hopkins are the best teams in the State. I would of love to see a re-match, just because Washburn has come together so well as a team...but I wonder if they could outlast all of the individual talent Hopkins has.

As for the comment about Ra'Shede - I would love to see him as part of the hoops team for a few reasons. He may not be skilled enough for a BT bball player right now, but he is physical, and could definitely help our team a lot. I'm not saying he'd get a lot of minutes, but he'd be a great practice player, and he could help toughen some of our guys up. Also, I think it would be a huge benefit for him on the FB team - it will keep him lean and fast. In theory, it's a great idea for a lot of guys coming out of HS, but realistically, it is so tough - and most guys just need a little break.

Top Bottom