Who wins tonight?

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
(1) Purdue over UConn

The Boilers "represent" the Big 10 in fine fashion, but the talking heads on ESPN immediately write it off more a result of UConn being distracted by the Yahoo investigative piece.

(2) Memphis over Mizzou

Slick Cal's Memphis "farewell tour" takes him to the regional finals.

(3) Pitt over Xavier

The rugged Panthers finally get past the Sweet 16, while at the same time proving Xavier likely was the recipient of a very favorable route to Boston.

(4) Villanova over Duke

Villanova = Duke, except with better athletes, better defenders & more toughness (read: they're not a bunch of arrogant sissies).

Where is Cal going? He has a top 5 recruiting class coming in. As in the top 5 players in the country, so it seems. :)

And to answer the question, I love Purdue tonight. They are good enough to beat UCONN and I think they will.

I have Purdue, Nova, Pitt, and Memphis.

I know the Purdue pick is rather risky, but I thought going into the tourney that UCONN was overrated. They have clearly played better than I thought but we'll see what happens....

Boilers

UConn was my pre-tournament pick to win it all (joined in Final 4 by Gonzaga, Sparty & Pitt), but I'm showing a little Big 10 "homerism" tonight. This would really be a great win for the Big 10 if the Boilers can get it. Crossing my fingers that the versatility of Johnson & Hummel (if anywhere near healthy) will pose some matchup problems for UConn's studly frontcourt.

Tonight: Purdue over UCONN
Memphis over Missouri
Pitt over X
Nova over Duke
At least that's how I picked them in my bracket a week ago ...

I'll go with UConn, though I'd love to see Purdue pull off the win. Memphis, Pitt and Nova.

I'm pretty well set up to win a thousand dollars if UConn wins it all, SO GO HUSKIES!

Money talks

I'd do the same Nate. Always want the Big 10 to do well, but if it comes down to winning a few hundred bucks or the Big 10, screw the Big 10, I want the cash.

Sadly, my best chance to win significant cash requires rooting for the Pukies tonight. That's the ultimate test. ... money vs. hatred.

Speaking of winning cash, I'd like to be playing the over on Memphis-Mizzou. The way those two teams can go, 140 seems like easy money.

Who win?

1) I expect Purdue to come out smoking and really play at a high level, but...I like them to cover (last I saw 6 1/2), not necessarily to win. Uconn in surprisingly close game.

2) Memphis. As GopherRock stated, the over (141 1/2 last time I looked) is tempting.

3) X plus the points. Pitt needs to prove it to me, and tonight I think they will. I see a tight ballgame.

4) I like Villinova to out Duke Duke. As SS pointed out, they are very similar in the way they attack and defend, but I like the Villinova personnel better. Please Jay, take away Henderson's mid-range jumpshot. The over on this game is a whopping 147 1/2.

I agree completely.

If Thabeet can be thwarted, that would be "thweet"

I've got Purdue as well winning tonight, as well as Memphis, Pitt, and Villanova, just a SS has at the top. Either great minds think alike, or a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while...one of those sayings certainly apply here.

Memphis Pitt Nova and as much as I hate to say it UConn. I just think UConn will be too much, but if Purdue plays like they can and gets a few calls they can win. I would personally hope to eat crow on this one.

Good luck to you mnboiler.

The UConn pick is just business. I, (and I'm guessing most people here) would love to see the Boilers take down the Huskies.

I'm very disappointed nobody said the team with more points. You guys need some more bad comedy in your life.

I am hoping for Purdue, Nova, Pitt, and Memphis.

No love for Mizzou? Not on the hole or on ESPN, really? Up until about two weeks before the tournament no one was saying anything about Memphis, now they're guaranteed to make the elite 8? Mizzou just won the Big12 championship. This game seems like it is just set up for Mizzou to "come out of nowhere" and win.

Also, if Purdue wins, they will beat Memphis/Mizzou and go to the final 4 and I will win the Gopherhole Bracket challenge!!!

i'll have to watch the first five minutes and see how fair its being called before I let you know about Duke vs. Nova.

Would love to see Purdue win, but I think it's UConn. Actually, I think UConn's blowout first weekend did them no favors, I anticipate Purdue to be sharper because of their tight contests against NO IOWA and Washington.

Otherwise, I agree with everyone else. . .Nova, Pitt, and Memphis. However, I think Memphis could be vulnerable. . .Evans isn't a true point, they'll be facing a lot of pressure, and if their 3 point shooters aren't hitting, they become a beatable team. I'd like to see Mizzou advance.

why in the world are they playing all these games where there is no chance of filling it up...it just kills the atmosphere... i know it is about money, but good lord

My Mizzou call is lookin pretty good right now, up 14 with ten minutes to go. Too bad the Boilers couldn't pull it out.

I had Purdue, Mizzou, Pitt and Nova so I guess it was OK. The Mizzou win pretty much cancels the Purdue loss in most brackets. Man I hate watching Memphis. It's just like watching NBA. Someone take the ball and drive blindly to the hole until you either shoot or get fouled. There must have been 50 possessions in the last 5 minutes of the game.

I understand why Purdue was a sentmental favorite on this board, but why so little respect for Missouri? Compare the conferences of Memphis and Mizzou.

Top Bottom