Wow: University of Minnesota: Bill would let Gophers hockey, hoops fans buy beer

I don't really care if there is liquor at the games or not. But if it's a money maker for the U that might pay to take the band and Goldie to big stage events like the Hockey City Classic, I'm all for it.

What I'd really like to see, though, is some kind of bill that would allow state lawmakers to punish those who buy season tickets and then don't show up for the games, or get the tickets to someone that will actually use them. I'm not talking anything extreme, maybe just smashing a toe with a hammer for every game there seat is empty?? Last night's attendance was announced at 10,087. That means there were 87 people standing because there were no available seats. But anyone that was there knows that there were plenty of empty seats. I know UMD's program is down this year, but the Gophers are still the #2 ranked team in the country, and battling for a league title against a WCHA foe, and in-state rival. Cripes, it's Gopher Hockey!!

I noticed that as well. Can you buy standing tickets for tonight?

Top Bottom