Reusse's Reality Script: Episode 13 (Tubby_ of course)

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Reusses_Reality_Script_Episode_13_Tubby_of_course022113

"There's no excuse for this one, other than the coach's inability to get the job done in the Big Ten. Teague isn't a fan and he'll raise the millions, even if they run past five."

I'm starting to believe this is true. If you are Teague and you have had Smart and Grant and now you see this, I have to believe the writing is on the wall perhaps regardless of how they finish (short of a miracle NCAA run).

I'm starting to believe this is true. If you are Teague and you have had Smart and Grant and now you see this, I have to believe the writing is on the wall perhaps regardless of how they finish (short of a miracle NCAA run).

+1

Does anyone else read into the fact that Teague and Ellis were sitting front row for an away game?

Does anyone else read into the fact that Teague and Ellis were sitting front row for an away game?

Nothing like getting up close and personal to find out what the dynamics of this situation are. Good move by them. Looks like the players decided to give them a little show.

Even if they weren't there you think they wouldn't have found out how terrible they played?

Nothing like getting up close and personal to find out what the dynamics of this situation are. Good move by them. Looks like the players decided to give them a little show.

And to see what goes on behind the scenes?

From Patrick's column:

On Wednesday, Phil Mackey and I were off the air early (at 5:30 p.m.) to make room for the Gophers' pregame show from Columbus, Ohio. I was listening on the drive home and play-by-play announcer Mike Grimm had the task (as always) of the pregame interview with Smith.

This was taped earlier in the day, after the Gophers' shootaround. Grimm tried his best, but Tubby's lack of coherent thought was alarming to me.

The coach was as muddled in these few minutes of one-and-one with a reporter with whom he's very familiar as in those rambling, off-the-cuff postgame sessions with a media room full of reporters at Williams Arena.

I was driving home at the same time and heard the interview, too. I was stunned with what I heard. Grimm asked him about Rodney's playing status right away, as should have been the first question. Tubby says Rodney will probably play, he's getting better and practiced this week. Grimm then says if Rodney is not 100% or if he struggles or reaggravates the shoulder, how does that impact the team? Tubby then goes on this long, rambling answer that I could not believe. I'm paraprashing, but Tubby basically said - "well, we need Rodney because he's such a good athlete, he can guard Deshawn Thomas, both are great athletes. If Rodney is out or limited, we'd have to go with Elliot, who can't guard Thomas. So, we'd probably have Trevor guard Thomas, but probably not really, because he can't really guard the perimeter where Thomas gets most of his points, so maybe we'll have Joe guard him, but Joe's probably not tall enough, either, so we'll probably end up with Austin guarding him, but we'll have to see."

I nearly drove off the road. You're telling me that this interview is a few hours before the game, and the head coach still doesn't know who is going to be guarding the Big Ten's leading scorer if Rodney cannot play? It was as if Grimm asked him a question he hadn't even pondered yet and was figuring out as he was answering. Is that possible?? I mean he knew Rodney had been injured, so wouldn't a few of these issues go through your mind?

From Patrick's column:

I was driving home at the same time and heard the interview, too. I was stunned with what I heard. Grimm asked him about Rodney's playing status right away, as should have been the first question. Tubby says Rodney will probably play, he's getting better and practiced this week. Grimm then says if Rodney is not 100% or if he struggles or reaggravates the shoulder, how does that impact the team? Tubby then goes on this long, rambling answer that I could not believe. I'm paraprashing, but Tubby basically said - "well, we need Rodney because he's such a good athlete, he can guard Deshawn Thomas, both are great athletes. If Rodney is out or limited, we'd have to go with Elliot, who can't guard Thomas. So, we'd probably have Trevor guard Thomas, but probably not really, because he can't really guard the perimeter where Thomas gets most of his points, so maybe we'll have Joe guard him, but Joe's probably not tall enough, either, so we'll probably end up with Austin guarding him, but we'll have to see."

I nearly drove off the road. You're telling me that this interview is a few hours before the game, and the head coach still doesn't know who is going to be guarding the Big Ten's leading scorer if Rodney cannot play? It was as if Grimm asked him a question he hadn't even pondered yet and was figuring out as he was answering. Is that possible?? I mean he knew Rodney had been injured, so wouldn't a few of these issues go through your mind?

Fine job of paraphrasing Tubby......it's a mouthful.

I must say your quote of me was a little misleading though. Parski will start to think I am Reusse again.

Fine job of paraphrasing Tubby......it's a mouthful.

I must say your quote of me was a little misleading though. Parski will start to think I am Reusse again.

Oh, yeah, sorry, I fixed it.

Reusee's Reality Script xxx

The more I read this the more it sounds like Tubby has had a stroke.

Top Bottom