Seth Curry's developing into quite a story

coolhandgopher

Reaction score
I mentioned in Selection Sunday's College Notebook this morning that Seth Curry, Stephen's little brother, has emerged as the leading freshman scorer in the nation with 22 points per game to start his career. Take a look at what Curry has done just in the last week:
* Last Tuesday, Curry led Liberty in scoring with 26 points to upset Virginia on the road and outduel Sylven Landenberg, the second leading freshman scorer in the nation.
* On Friday, Curry had 22 points in a comfortable win over Coker, 88-66.
* On Saturday, Liberty went to double overtime to defeat William & Mary. Curry scored 13 of his 21 points during the overtime periods, hitting the last three baskets in the second overtime to seal the victory.
* Tonight, Liberty once again pulled a game out in overtime, this time against George Mason and once again, it was Seth Curry leading the way, scoring 22 points and also adding four points in the last 44 seconds to pace the Flame to victory.

I said it this morning and I'll say it again-after seeing older brother Stephen torch the nation during his first two seasons at Davidson, no one at a major conference school thought it might be a good idea to take a long look at younger brother Seth? Virginia Tech, the alma mater of father Dell, couldn't take a flyer on the younger Curry after missing on Stephen? It's truly astounding, both Curry's intro to college basketball and the fact that not one major conference D-1 school thought he might be worth taking a chance on.

Did he want to go to a larger school? It seems that the type of people who end up at Liberty are pretty convicted about their faith and wouldn't feel too comfortable at a basketball factory.

Here's a good article from back in April about the recruiting or lack of it regarding Seth Curry.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/college/wb/157027

My first reaction was the same as your's Nate, but after reading this, it appears that a lot of coaches were fooled again by the amazing Currys.

Thanks for posting that bga

I was just making assumptions that major D-1 coaches missed out on Seth Curry, so this article made sure my assumption wasn't making an ass out of me ;)

Top Bottom