What are the first things that come to mind when you watch the Gophers?

Reaction score
Here's what I see:

Out of Shape
Lackadaisical
Lazy
No spirit
Don't enjoy playing basketball
Depressed
Don't care very much
Pathetic
No sense of urgency
No passion
I'm afraid to shoot
I don't know what to do

It has gotten to the point when Dre brings the ball across mid-court and I just start yelling for him to shoot! Why not?

It has gotten to the point when Dre brings the ball across mid-court and I just start yelling for him to shoot! Why not?

We would score more points having Dre throw up a 3 and hope for a put back than with our offense.

What the h@ll is going on with this team tonight?

Terrible Coaching. And enough with the foot-stomping, Tubby! This does nothing for your team. It hurts to watch. What a terrible coached team. They have no idea what they're doing out there. I can't believe that it's actually a good possibility that the Gophers will miss the tournament. Unreal

TURNOVERS!!!!! God, tonight has been awful!! Gophers were stuck at 31 points for 15 minutes? Jesus!

careless
afraid
deer in headlights

I'm not going to call them quitters but this is the second game in a row where they have just completely folded in the second half. Once things started to go bad....they quit to a degree. The coach sits quietly by.

I understand what all of you are saying about turnovers. But, why do they commit these turnovers. There has to be a cause. Is it:

not very smart players; i.e. stupidity
careless (which means "I don't care that much")
ineptitude
boredom
fear

I think there's a "cancer" running through this team. What that cancer is, I have no idea.

Is there simply a collective problem with attitude on the team? Do these young men collectively have a lesser amount of "fire in their bellies" compared to the other teams?

I understand what all of you are saying about turnovers. But, why do they commit these turnovers. There has to be a cause. Is it:

not very smart players; i.e. stupidity
careless (which means "I don't care that much")
ineptitude
boredom
fear

I think there's a "cancer" running through this team. What that cancer is, I have no idea.

The cancer is our Tub-O-Crap coach. His team. His hand picked players.

I am just wondering if Tubby will do the honorable thing and resign now so a real coach and go after the big 3 recruits in next years Minnesota senior class?

Question:

The Gophers were 15-1, ranked as high as #8. They had beaten Michigan State and then clobbered Illinois on the road.

What the hell happened to that Gopher team?

I'm not going to call them quitters but this is the second game in a row where they have just completely folded in the second half. Once things started to go bad....they quit to a degree. The coach sits quietly by.

When we went down by 9 or 11 early in the second half, I was hoping for a time out to stop the roll.

None.

The coach has lost the team...what ever his is using as motivation is not working.

How Silly does the post-game Tubby dance look now?? I cringe every time I see it on the news.

Robots trying to play an anticipatory game.

tOSU: 10 steals. Gophers 21 turnovers. At least we beat them in rebounding 35-30. Other than that, I'd say the Gophers looked bewitched, bothered and bewildered.

To answer the op, it feels like that dream when you're trying to run in sand...uphill.

Maybe all the players leaving isn't a case of spoiled crybabies!!!! Is something going on here we don;t know about.??

Top Bottom