Where has this Mo Walker been all season?

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
I usually frown on making threads like this during the game, but god damn. Mo is killing it. This is what I was expecting before the season started.

I usually frown on making threads like this during the game, but god damn. Mo is killing it. This is what I was expecting before the season started.

He is able to get himself position and shots at the bucket- when he learns to finish better..... He has potential. And he can pass- tonights turnovers aside - he sees the court.

Move aside EE.

Most every Gopher has had at least one good night on the court. Even Oto. Maybe its Mo's turn if Tubby gives him a chance.

What is it with the special "Mo Uniform"? Tee shirt and leggings. At least tuck the tee shirt in Mo. Looks like hell.

6 turnovers. 7 points. Awesome.

Agree he needs to cut way back on his turnovers, but I am seeing some positive things from him that I wasn't sure he was capable of delivering.

On a very bad night overall, his play has been at least partially encouraging.

Yeah the 6 turn overs not so positive. Very slow. I like the thought of a thinner stronger Mo he gets put on a diet and exercise plan all off season.

Mo has a lot of nice skills (touch, patience in the post, offenive rebounding, vision to see shooters) and also a lot of things he needs to really work on (turnovers, recognizing the double team, moving a little better on the defensive end) so I think it's very hard to know what we'll see from him next year.

He'd been playing against shot blockers. Tonight he played against another large body type that can't jump.

beach 123 makes a good point in that there was a favorable match up for Mo on the court tonight.

My question for Mo supporters, is how bad does he want it? He's been heavy his entire career at Minnesota. He was recruited while he was heavy, he reported for his freshman year heavy, he came back for his Sophomore year still heavy (perhaps heavier) and got injured again, then came back for his 3rd year heavy.

Mo has soft hands, he has a nice touch, but he's not physically capable of playing well against most opposition in his current condition. If he makes major changes in his life, he could be a solid player. I think it's fair to doubt whether Mo is the type of guy who is willing to make those changes.

beach 123 makes a good point in that there was a favorable match up for Mo on the court tonight.

My question for Mo supporters, is how bad does he want it? He's been heavy his entire career at Minnesota. He was recruited while he was heavy, he reported for his freshman year heavy, he came back for his Sophomore year still heavy (perhaps heavier) and got injured again, then came back for his 3rd year heavy.

Mo has soft hands, he has a nice touch, but he's not physically capable of playing well against most opposition in his current condition. If he makes major changes in his life, he could be a solid player. I think it's fair to doubt whether Mo is the type of guy who is willing to make those changes.
I don't know if he is willing to make those changes but I believe he has been dealing with some type of injury going into every offseason at Minnesota. I think the hope is he is fully healthy heading into the offseason and he will have a better chance of making the changes he needs to make in order to be a very good player.

Top Bottom