The only real question...

andy

Reaction score
Starting with Thad Matta tonight, will any opposing coach be dumb enough to NOT play a zone defense against the Gophers right from the opening tip?

Starting with Thad Matta tonight, will any opposing coach be dumb enough to NOT play a zone defense against the Gophers right from the opening tip?

They are likely to start by having Kraft on Andre and see if they can take him out of the game with Kraft's smothering defense. If Andre can still score - then they will go to a zone. Personally I think it is most effective to zone us after the game is in progress- especially if you can catch us with a really weird lineup in at the time...

The risk with that is you could be looking at 21-5 in a matter of minutes. But I understand what you are saying. It's not like 21-5 gives a team any type of advantage over the final 30 minutes, as we know...

Purdue plays nothing but man to man. I do not recall them playing zone for a single possession in the last 20 years since I started following them.

Gophers chance of winning in WL will be better than you think.

If they don't zone Thad Matta should get more heat than Tubby. Thee most obvious thing to take from scouting the Gophers is they struggle with the zone.

I would bet Ohio State comes out in man-to-man with Craft puting pressure on Andre to try to force a few turnovers.

They are likely to start by having Kraft on Andre and see if they can take him out of the game with Kraft's smothering defense. If Andre can still score - then they will go to a zone. Personally I think it is most effective to zone us after the game is in progress- especially if you can catch us with a really weird lineup in at the time...

+1

If after two embarrassments (NU and @Iowa) it would be ridiculous if we haven't come up with some kind of answer for it in our practices.

If after two embarrassments (NU and @Iowa) it would be ridiculous if we haven't come up with some kind of answer for it in our practices.

We haven't come up with an answer for it in 6 years, why would you expect an answer tonight?

If you meet UW in the tourney, Bo will not be playing zone. I don't believe he has ever employed a zone.

Top Bottom