Can't accuse Fighting Sioux play by play guy of being a homer: "Choke job"

The Unwritten Commandment: Thou shalt not speak anything bad about North Dakota or your oil will be stricken from your land.

Thought it was the Fighting Who?

Cheer, cheer for old what's our name........

North Dakota has suspended men's basketball play-by-play radio announcer Paul Ralston for two games after he used the phrase "choke job" following an overtime loss to Northern Arizona.

The Grand Forks Herald reports that Ralston used the words during his interview with coach Brian Jones after the team's 74-72 home loss Saturday.

At least no one in the Twin Cities media has ever used the "choke job" term when interviewing Tubby in person. I have heard a lot worse than that, in the print and radio media and the worst has been on GopherHole. I wonder if the "U" can ban GH'ers Et al for their opinions? Nah, that would go against the 1st Amendment, wouldn't it?

At least no one in the Twin Cities media has ever used the "choke job" term when interviewing Tubby in person. I have heard a lot worse than that, in the print and radio media and the worst has been on GopherHole. I wonder if the "U" can ban GH'ers Et al for their opinions? Nah, that would go against the 1st Amendment, wouldn't it?

1500 did a bit on this guy from ND and then played the audio of Spencer saying the Gophers choked in last weekends game at Iowa. Spencer didn't mince words, he just blatantly called it a choke job. I wonder how many days Spence gets docked...

1500 did a bit on this guy from ND and then played the audio of Spencer saying the Gophers choked in last weekends game at Iowa. Spencer didn't mince words, he just blatantly called it a choke job. I wonder how many days Spence gets docked...

We can only hope NONE! Can't wait to see Tubby and Spencer this week on Gopher Basketball program.

Top Bottom