Mich St vs Indiana

freshtrout

Reaction score
Great game - even with Dickie V :) Nice to hear Magic talking Big Ten hoops .

Magic is great, even though he just commented that it must be difficult for Crean to follow a legend like Knight.

The consistent energy of these two clubs vs the alternating current which is the Gophers' legacy over the last 10 games is an amazing contrast.

There are few things better in sports than elite college basketball between two prestigious programs.

Here, here; so much energy at Breslin. Each team playing at a very high level. It's like watching what we hoped the Gophers would evolve to be this year.

#1 at the barn next week! Should be a fun one!

Apparently IU didn't get the message that winning on the road against a slightly inferior opponent in the B1G cannot happen.

Having no cable, I decided to listen to the State radio feed. What a drastic difference in coverage from that of the great Gopher homer radio broadcasts that I am used to, The announcers just called the game. No references to phantom traveling calls or fouls that didn't go in MSU's favor. Just a well called game of 2 elite programs.

Apparently IU didn't get the message that winning on the road against a slightly inferior opponent in the B1G cannot happen.
Wait didn't the Gophers beat Illinois and Florida State on the road? Refresh my memory but isn't Indiana the number 1 team in the country?

Well, Indiana here next Tuesday IS the game of the year for our squad. Thankfully IU doesn't play much zone, except with in bound plays I believe.

Having no cable, I decided to listen to the State radio feed. What a drastic difference in coverage from that of the great Gopher homer radio broadcasts that I am used to, The announcers just called the game. No references to phantom traveling calls or fouls that didn't go in MSU's favor. Just a well called game of 2 elite programs.

+1

The Big Ten has provided most of the fantastic games (including atmosphere) this college basketball season. Another great one last night. The only difference between those two teams is IU had the best player on the floor.

"He's just a refuse to lose kind of guy," Izzo said of Oladipo. "He reminds me of a few guys I've had. In winning time, he made the plays."

It's rare and very special when you get players like that. We haven't had one of those since Bobby Jackson. Maybe Tyus Jones could be one of those "not very often in a lifetime" guys for the U, but I suspect the young man from Apple Valley will be suiting up for Izzo or Coach Alphabet.

Top Bottom