Notre Dame / Pitt

scher215

Reaction score
ND started the game down about 21-3 and went 13 minutes without a field goal.

Now up 9 with 3 minutes left in the second half. 45-36. This is excruciating basketball.

@MedcalfByESPN: Minnesota can feel Pitt's pain right now.

And Pitt was ranked Top 15 in the polls and I think I saw them as high as #4 in one of the computer polls.

Shows you that anyone can get run up on and beaten down big time. Duke got pummeled by Miami remember. Wisconsin beat highly rated OSU by 21?! This kind of thing happens in cbb. Especially during a season like this one.

And Pitt was ranked Top 15 in the polls and I think I saw them as high as #4 in one of the computer polls.

Shows you that anyone can get run up on and beaten down big time. Duke got pummeled by Miami remember. Wisconsin beat highly rated OSU by 21?! This kind of thing happens in cbb. Especially during a season like this one.

We understand that good teams lose. We get it. Good teams do not lose 7 out of 10.

Good teams do not lose 7 out of 10.

Do you consider the 2010-11 UConn team to be "good"? They lost 7 out of 11 to finish the regular season. I suppose that one game still allows them to be "good", right? All they did was win the national title.

Do you consider the 2010-11 UConn team to be "good"? They lost 7 out of 11 to finish the regular season. I suppose that one game still allows them to be "good", right? All they did was win the national title.

There are always exceptions to the rule. If you saw that championship game, you would be hard pressed to say they "won" it. I think it would be more accurate to say that they sucked less than the opposing team. Wow was that a snoozefest.

There are always exceptions to the rule. If you saw that championship game, you would be hard pressed to say they "won" it. I think it would be more accurate to say that they sucked less than the opposing team. Wow was that a snoozefest.

Those exceptions to the rule though are what continue to keep me hopeful in Gopher basketball until the clock hits zero on our season.

Finish 7-11 in the big? Could still win the BTT and/or NCAA tourney.

Down 7 with a minute left? Reggie Miller said you may still be able to come back.

Sports are crazy sometimes and anything can happen.

Top Bottom