Recent high school prospects I saw in person. Tyus, Bertram, A. Conway, DeRon Davis

march madness

Reaction score
I recently watched Overland Colorado lose to a senior led Arapahoe team. Overland has a 5'10" 170 lb sophmore named Austin Conway who has been offered a full ride to Indiana. They also have a 6'9" 230lb Freshmen named DeRon Davis who was recently ranked #1 in the 2016 class.

Conway is the fastest guard I've seen in person. He is unstoppable taking it to the rim. He gets a ton of steals. He has an ok outside shot. I heard he may be a better football player though. He plays qb, but he would probably make a great corner.

Davis has long arms. He has ok touch and decent hands and footwork for a freshmen. He isn't explosive but he may develop there. He has long legs and I wouln't be suprised if he grows a couple more inches.

I saw Tyus against an overmatched Bloomington Jefferson team. Tyus doesnt look fast at times, he switches gears very well though. He lulls defenders to sleep then blows by. He has tremendous vision over the entire court (Rick Rubio). He made 8 for 10 deep threes in warmups then would hardly shoot it in the game. I have heard he doesnt try to score a ton unless his teams needs it from him. He did slough off at times on defense and lost his man. He choses when to switch on all picks and a few times his teamates had to sprint to find his guy. He is definetly quick enough to be a good defender.

Bertram isn't quick at this point in his career. He does love contact. He plays hard. He has good hands. He has good footwork in the post. Reminds me of how colton looked his first year at Minnesota. Doesnt leave the paint and is a natural center. I am not sure how much he has grown in recent years. He could easily end up 7' 255 by his senior year. He will have a good career at a major school. I am not sure he is someone Tubby will go after as he will never be a quick footed defensive player.

Apple Valley had a very good team. Tyus at the point, shooter and scorer in Fronk, do everthing perimeter guy in sonie, short and strong banger in Austin, and Betram in the middle. They also had quite a few bench guys who could play. One guy a super skinny 6'6" jr, not sure of his name, was pretty impressive and would be a starter on most teams.

Top Bottom