Travel on Austin Hollins

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
I know this is not even close to a reason we lost or that it really affected anything, but does anyone have a clue what the travel call on Austin Hollins was in the first half? I've never seen anyone called for travel when they were still dribbling. Sure he shuffled his feet, but that doesn't matter if you're dribbling. Did the ref just totally blow it or is there something I'm missing?

I think it could have been called a carry but I haven't seen that called a travel before either.

The momentum changed on that prayer three hit by Iowa and the Gophers never recovered.

The borderline carry that was called a travel was a horrendous call. The prayer 3-pointer was a punch back, yes, but it was only worth three points. A team has to be tough enough to take these hits and keep playing.

i didn't go back and look at the replay, but it looked like he got the ball caught on his hip a little bit, but the ref that made the call was behind him in a poor position to make that call. But in a ref's view, he was the only one that should be watching the ball so he has to call something if he sees it. The other two ref's should be watching their area of coverage.

With the amount of traveling and palming allowed these days (an infection transferred from the NBA), just about any infraction that is actually called seems arbitrary and whimsical.

Top Bottom