Votes: 45 26.2%
  • Shaka Smart

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 49 28.5%

• Total voters

g1976b

Reaction score
Who do you think will be the coach of our basketball team next year? I'm going with "other" at this point...

At this point, who knows. I mean obviously I would love shaka, but who knows if he will come here... If Norwood brings in Shaka I will be ecstatic, but not holding my breath

There are going to be any number of mid-major options, hopefully after a lengthy interview process they find the right guy.

I think it will be a "no name" hire and hopefully Norwood finds the next Shaka. We'll have to sacrifice the 2014 class, but at this point I don't even know if Tubby could pull any of them.

I think it will be a "no name" hire and hopefully Norwood finds the next Shaka. We'll have to sacrifice the 2014 class, but at this point I don't even know if Tubby could pull any of them.

Shaka or Pastner are two you could hire and hope to get any of the class of 2014.

I would never send my son to the U if I was one of the big 3's father. Name one Gopher that has improved drastically since starting here.

I would never send my son to the U if I was one of the big 3's father. Name one Gopher that has improved drastically since starting here.

Damien Johnson and Austin Hollins.

Don't know don't care. When the time comes, I trust Norwood to make a good hire. That's all I care about and it feels go to trust the AD again.

Damien Johnson and Austin Hollins.

I'd say Mbakwe had too. Andre also so far. I think Blake improved when he wasn't asked to play PG.

Rodney seems fairly stagnant but his D has really improved.

I think they'll try for Shaka and end up with Flip. Flip will take a lower salary freeing up money for the buyout and practice facility. He probably gives them the best chance at the Big 3. If it doesn't work out, he'll bow out gracefully after 3-4 years.

Dre Hollins
Austin Hollins
Mbakwe
Damien Johnson
Westbrook

Andre is exactly as he came in, a good and sometimes great player.

Disagree. He grew a lot from the start of his freshman year to the NIT there's NO debate. Problem is he's lost his confidence because the "coach," (if you can call him that) can't put him in the right spots!

I know a high school JV coach that could have kept this game within 20 points.

People always say this as if there has not been a single player who was a better player as a senior (or junior or sophomore) than he was as a freshman, as if there is no way anyone can honestly say that a player has improved over his career with Tubby. Then other posters provide good examples, which are then ignored by the person posing the question, and that person poses that same question again at a later date, and acts as if they received stone cold silence the previous time it was asked.

I think they'll try for Shaka and end up with Flip. Flip will take a lower salary freeing up money for the buyout and practice facility. He probably gives them the best chance at the Big 3. If it doesn't work out, he'll bow out gracefully after 3-4 years.

I'd gladly take that risk.

Will you people STOP starting up a new Fire Tubby thread every time we lose a road game to a Top 40 team?!

I mean, WOW. It's pathetic.

Remember, patience is considered a virtue. And showing restraint is usually a good thing. Holding your tongue?! Any of you ever heard of any of these concepts before?!

Why not let the season play out first, see if Tubby can right the ship, see if we don't pull an Illinois first and win our next 2?! My guess is Illinois fans would have thought winning those 2 games was not possible before they happened.

Also, anything can happen in the BTT, and even if we get a #11 seed in the Big Dance, anything can happen. In 1989 we faced a team in our 2nd round game that upset their opponent in the first round, so we only had to get one true upset to get to the Sweet 16.

And then there is the example of UConn that I mentioned earlier.

All I'm saying is lets just wait until the Fat Lady sings before we write our review of her singing performance, eh?!

If I'm Teague I go hard for Shaka. If he says "thanks but no thanks" I go after Josh Pastner. Those two guys are going to be left out of the Catholic 7 basketball league and be stuck in crappy conferences for the forseeable future. So they may be more inclined to take a job in the most prestigious conference in the country. Still not all that likely. If those two say no then Teague has to decide whether he wants to go with a young up and comer like he did with Shaka, or go with Flip who would take the job in a second.

Again, #1abkjsklsjbsks hits the nail on the head. I love how the sky is constantly falling when we lose. CONSTANTLY.

But I'm throwing my hat into the Tony Dungy ring. I guess that counts as "Other"?

Will you people STOP starting up a new Fire Tubby thread every time we lose a road game to a Top 40 team?!

Remember, patience is considered a virtue. And showing restraint is usually a good thing. Holding your tongue?! Any of you ever heard of any of these concepts before?!

Why not let the season play out first, see if Tubby can right the ship, see if we don't pull an Illinois first and win our next 2?! My guess is Illinois fans would have thought winning those 2 games was not possible before they happened.

Also, anything can happen in the BTT, and even if we get a #11 seed in the Big Dance, anything can happen. In 1989 we faced a team in our 2nd round game that upset their opponent in the first round, so we only had to get one true upset to get to the Sweet 16.

All I'm saying is lets just wait until the Fat Lady sings before we write our review of her singing performance, eh?!

Tubby could win the national championship for all I care... He isn't the right coach for this team.... Hes an old man stuck in his ways and cannot adapt to the style of the big ten... I'm sick of pissing away season after season where we build up expectation playing against decent non conference teams, and then do the same stuff in the big 10 year after year. This is 6 years in a row we've gotten just destroyed by 2-3 zones... the 6th year in a row of teams with fragile mentalities (except westbrook and DJ).... Just sick of it. He has to go.

Tubby could win the national championship for all I care... He isn't the right coach for this team.... Hes an old man stuck in his ways and cannot adapt to the style of the big ten... I'm sick of pissing away season after season where we build up expectation playing against decent non conference teams, and then do the same stuff in the big 10 year after year. This is 6 years in a row we've gotten just destroyed by 2-3 zones... the 6th year in a row of teams with fragile mentalities (except westbrook and DJ).... Just sick of it. He has to go.

he could win the title and you'd still want him fired? Did I read that right?

Dude I've been on your side all season but after today it is impossible to be optimistic about much. This year was supposed to be different and special but is turning into a BRUTAL disappointment. I mean losing to a top 40 team on the road I truly do understand, but when you were up by almost 20 and lose by 20 when all you have to do is break a zone is beyond me.

With that being said I don't think Tubby is going anywhere unless it is his own decision, and even if he does we will not be looking at Shaka or Flip. We will see a new face.

Glad we're keeping perspective.

How many Top 40 road wins do we have? Any at all?

Shaka or Pastner are two you could hire and hope to get any of the class of 2014.

Pastner? Is that a rumor or something? Or just a shot in the dark? I feel like there's no way he'd be coming here.

I voted Tubby. I am a Tubby-apologist, but I think he's lost even me. But I still think he's the likeliest bet to be our coach next year.

Top Bottom