MN State HS Tourney

Winona is surprisingly hanging in there with St. Cloud Tech.... for now.

Jefferson beat Sibley 60-56.

Go Gophers!!

I didn't get to see the Hopkins game but it sounded like a complete mess. Hopkins played 18 kids and rested the starters almost all of the second half. Nobody really stood out but the usual suspects did there thing.

Was pretty disappointed in St. Cloud Tech. Wolters didn't have his best game but Winona is pretty average and actually had the lead late. The 6-10 junior Alex Brown for Winona is a nice prospect, but just like Jake Krueser and Trevor Gruis, he still has a ways to go. Very skinny, but a nice touch around the basket and hit a 17 footer, good footwork, moves pretty well for a guy his size, wasn't much of a defensive threat and wanted to see more on the boards. Gophers have watched him closely twice now this past week.

The game of the day was Jefferson's huge upset. I was biased on this one because I'm friends with some of the Jefferson players and parents and couldn't help but get swept up in the emotion while sitting next to the parents. Bruesewitz had a good game but Hernandez was 1-10 from three and Halvorson didn't play that well. Marcus Alipate got in foul trouble but had some coaches talking, including Minnesota.

Didn't stay for much of the last game but last update I had was Osseo was about to win.

--Minnesota had Coach Jirsa, Taylor, and Esposito there for the first three games and was told that Tubby was on hand for the Hopkins game. Iowa State, Wofford, Northern Iowa, Valpo, we're some of the schools with coaches on hand.

--Wofford coach couldn't say enough good things about Noah Dahlman and likes Cam Rundles and really is impressed by Minnesota kids so thats why he's up here looking for more.

--Alot of talk about the situations at Iowa and Iowa State.

--Kadima is the name to keep an eye on.

--Good crowds and really strong sturdent turnouts, especially Sibley, Hopkins, and Tech.

Thanks for the great info JG.

The 6-10 junior Alex Brown for Winona is a nice prospect

Just one note, the junior from Winona is Alec Brown.

Kadima who?

Sibley/Jeff game was a GREAT h.s. basketball game. (Aside from some weird calls on both ends.)

Please Lord, give Marcus Alipate at least 3 more inches of height. Not his best game today but he's the real deal in my book.

Chim Kadima is a 6'4" or so 2010 combo guard from Milwaukee Lutheran who recently de-committed from Iowa St. The Kadima family has produced a number of good players in Milwaukee, Chim's older brother actually played for Bo Ryan when he was coaching at UWM. The Wishoops site updated their rankings of Wisconsin preps recently, with Kadima coming in at #7 in the 2010 class. That class has some nice prospects, but not many sure fire high major prospects.

Chim committed relatively early in the process, with ISU being his best offer. I believe he also had offers from UWM and UWGB. Wisconsin showed some interest, but never offered as they only had two spots available and already had the two best prospects in Wisconsin's 2010 class. Marquette also showed some interest, pretty sure it was the current staff, but had not offered when Kadima committed to ISU.

Chim plays on the same AAU team with 2010 UW commit Evan Anderson, but he missed pretty much all of last year's AAU circuit due to a torn ACL that he suffered near the end of his sophomore HS season. By most accounts, he had a solid HS season this year, but he missed the end of the season and the playoffs due to a thumb injury.

Not sure why he de-committed, but a post on the ISU site says it was a mutual decision. There are some quotes from Kadima in the linked article.

http://www.wissports.net/sports/hoopsb/blog/message.aspx?f=123&id=1015988

Somebody go root for Chisholm for me today, I am out in DC until tomorrow and won't make the game.

Hopkins Beats Tech....Royce the player of the game...he looks tough...But the 2nd best player in the state had a good showing. I know there is Rodney, but complete player it is Nate wolters and Trent locket said Wolters is the best he has faced...I would love to have Nate Wolters, I wish he would walk on like the Gophers have tried to do get him to do, with the chance to earn a scholly in the Future. He just so good and so clutch!

Nate Wolters I have been told is going to end up at either Augustana College where he would be playing with Cody Schilling or at Saint Cloud State.

Top Bottom