*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-IOWA GAME THREAD ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stan

Reaction score
Big game today at Carver Hawkeye Arena. Hopefully we don't have an emotional let down. A win today makes finishing above .500 likely, a loss gives us little room for error as the regular season comes to a close. Let's get after it.

Not going to worry about how pretty, ugly, disgusting, or magical tue game may be. Don't care how we start.

Lets just leave this one with a W.

Go Gophers!

Not going to worry about how pretty, ugly, disgusting, or magical tue game may be. Don't care how we start.

Lets just leave this one with a W.

Go Gophers!

And hopefully without the 436 bitching comments that take away from the enjoyment of watching and talking about B1G basketball.

In case you missed it on the football forum:

Well, here's the latest.

Sid this morning talking to Lester Bagely:

I'm glad Mortenson got the bid to build new stadium. When company X built the Excel(might have referred to Mauricci) they covered the cost of an escalator as part of their donation. With Mortenson being a local company they do not have to make the $12.5 million, so as part of their donation they will include a retractable roof. I will be calling (the Mortenson guy) this week.

Okay Sid.

2-2 from 3 so far. I feel like the last stretch of games we've shot really poorly, even in our wins. Good signs early. Go Gophers!

Almost four minutes in and i can't complain about a single thing! ...Except that i think Iowa traveled on their first possession.

Nice inbounds play for an easy basket with 6 seconds left on the shot clock.

Great start here. Now how will they respond when we start subbing and when Iowa makes their run and starts hitting 3's?

All inbounds plays that we score on are tied for inbounds play of the year. :)

Not a foul on Hollins. Just watched replay, did not touch the shooter.

Great start here. Now how will they respond when we start subbing and when Iowa makes their run and starts hitting 3's?

Call it wishful thinking, maybe, but the way Iowa's first shot of the game clunked short and ugly - i think we're finally going to play a team that doesn't make 40%+ of their threes.

I'm glad Coleman was able to get some retribution there for himself, but man..someone has to get Elliot to stop putting the ball on the floor. All he had to do was put his hands up and he had two points there.

I like how Elliot always looks for the high-low. Adds another dimension to the offense. Rodney should've finished the pass.

I'm glad Coleman was able to get some retribution there for himself, but man..someone has to get Elliot to stop putting the ball on the floor. All he had to do was put his hands up and he had two points there.

Agreed. I swear EE travels every time he touched the ball lol looks like he always shuffles.

Seen some nice passing from everyone so far though. Been good to see.

Step on their necks.... they are shooting terribly, every call is going our way, need to taste blood.

I have to give Tubster and the team some credit. They're really doing a nice job getting the ball in the paint today. Defense looks good, Iowa already seems to be getting frustrated. Fans seem pretty riled up today though, i suspect that will be the one thing that keeps Iowa in the game at all.

Hard to ask for a much better start than this! I do feel like a lot of calls are going against the Hawkeyes, but I'm not sure how many are really wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom