Truth.

balds

Reaction score
Football and Basketball make A LOT of money. The more money they make, the more money for EVERY other "Athletic" program at the University. The more money they make, the more money the University makes. The more money they make the more money the city of Minneapolis makes. The more money they make, the more money the state of Minnesota makes.

Why are we the select few that understand this simple proven concept?

I don't think they make nearly as much money as you seem to think (or, the costs are much higher). They do pay largely for the athletic department, but it's debateable how much beyond that... I thought I saw a figure just recently that estimated our athletic program broke even- does anyone know if that's the case?

I'd like to know that actual $$ the Big Ten Network provides to each school. Net / net after all costs.

But if there are corresponding increases in expenses for all of the increases in revenues, that money is STILL coming into Minnesota.

If the increase of expenses is going towards increased staffing or upgrade of facilities, etc., as long as we are not outsourcing and bringing in and adding Wisconsin residents to our staffs or paying Wisconsin residents to upgrade our facilities for us, then its still an increase in the general good. Unless of course those Wisconsin residents are Univ of Minnesota Graduates, then maybe an exception could be made, lol.

Top Bottom