***OFFICIAL GOPHERS-BADGERS WEEKEND SERIES THREAD***

Stan

Reaction score
Super pumped for this weekend. The game in Chicago will be historic. Let's get after it!

OT...but should be posted. Skunks LOSE in hockey 3-2

to the Gophers. Out shoot Wisconsin almost 2 to 1 Really beat the Skunks up physically. Good week in the rivalry. Skunks get demolished in wrestling, Hoopsters
send Bo back to Madison picking his nose more so than he does in the coaching box.

Enormous win. Need to bring it at the classic, we really have a chance to put ourselves back in the thick of the race with SCSU. Loved the aggressiveness by Ambroz on his goal, and Bjugstad had a great shot.

nothing better than beating becky on their ice, their style of play in hockey is worse than hoops. nice win

nothing better than beating becky on their ice, their style of play in hockey is worse than hoops. nice win

Bo Ryan makes Eaves look like an offensive genius. :pig:

Thread title is Wisconsin losing not Minnesota winning, again showing where Rupert's real obsession resides. Go back to buckyville and harass them, don't bring your cancer over here.

St. Cloud has a very easy schedule if I'm not mistaken to close out the year. We need to win in Chicago and play some excellent hockey to catch them. We need sweeps.

EDIT: For that matter, we also have a very easy schedule.

St. Cloud has a very easy schedule if I'm not mistaken to close out the year. We need to win in Chicago and play some excellent hockey to catch them. We need sweeps.

EDIT: For that matter, we also have a very easy schedule.

If we win Sunday I think our schedule is a bit easier, but we may need to be perfect.

I'm not ripping on Bo Ryan or Eaves, but man do they sludge and bore up the game.

I don't blame Eaves, he was in a game against a team that was obviously far superior (at least they were last night), but it is hard to watch. I wonder the same thing I wonder with Ryan, does this style make it hard for them to make the transition from GOOD to CONTENDER?

Like I said, I'm not ripping on them, but they are tough to watch.

I'm not ripping on Bo Ryan or Eaves, but man do they sludge and bore up the game.

I don't blame Eaves, he was in a game against a team that was obviously far superior (at least they were last night), but it is hard to watch. I wonder the same thing I wonder with Ryan, does this style make it hard for them to make the transition from GOOD to CONTENDER?

Like I said, I'm not ripping on them, but they are tough to watch.

Why wouldn't you rip on them?

The ice looks crappy. Can you even see the lines? Hockey day MN rinks look better.

Hey look the Minnesota band...
jydyta6y.jpg

Hard to watch this game and not just because the Badgers won it. The puck was bouncing all over the place and you could tell our guys were frustrated with how much back tracking they had to do in order to get control of the bounding biscuit. Not a game suited to our team in the least. Still had the better of the play for the most part and lost because of two softies and a bad bounce.

Still, retaining the MacNaughton looks like a reach at this point.

Hard to watch this game and not just because the Badgers won it. The puck was bouncing all over the place and you could tell our guys were frustrated with how much back tracking they had to do in order to get control of the bounding biscuit. Not a game suited to our team in the least. Still had the better of the play for the most part and lost because of two softies and a bad bounce.

Still, retaining the MacNaughton looks like a reach at this point.

Yeah.. It was fugly. When you have a fast team and have to sludge it up for 60 minutes because of the ice conditions, you get taken out of your element. Surprised it came down to the last horn, though. At least it wasn't a BC Natty Championship game all over again.

What terrible ice conditions. I was all for doing a game outside initially, but after today. Keep competitive hockey indoors. That was ugly.

What terrible ice conditions. I was all for doing a game outside initially, but after today. Keep competitive hockey indoors. That was ugly.

IMO any outdoor games played should be exhibition games or at the least non conference games. There's too much at stake to have a big game played on those ice conditions. Sunday's game could very be the difference between them the McNaughton Cup and not.

Top Bottom