Just for kicks: Lofton update..... enjoy

Jigga

Reaction score
zach article.jpg

Click on the image

An Article from Rivals.com

By: Michael J Much

Zach Lofton is working his way towards a Division I scholarship one step at a time. The Columbia Heights MN graduate attended Quakerdale Prep, in Iowa, before walking on to play ball for JUCO San Jacinto, in Pasadena Texas.

Michael J Much from MinnesotaPreps spoke with Lofton about daily life at San Jacinto.

"Classes are going great , I'm right on track to be out this year."

Lofton noted that the following schools are showing interest:

Seton Hall, Colorado, Kansas State, West Virginia, Tennessee, Purdue, Xavier, Arkansas.

"I'll be setting up visits after the season."

Lofton is happy with his place and progress.

"It Feels Great MJM , I went through the Hard work & Patience , now it's paying off."

Coach Willie Braziel was Lofton's High School Coach at Columbia Heights. He talks about Lofton:

"Zach is one of the most underrated, most talked about prep athlete in years. He is a prolific scorer with a very high basketball IQ. We are very proud of Zach, he has gone on and represented himself well. He is special and whoever signs him will be getting a steal. He will be even better at the next level."

There have been many steps in Lofton's journey, but progress is being made and it sounds like the process has been fun as well.

The Prep school and JUCO route has been taken by many players before Lofton. College Coaches at the top Division levels are well aware of this route and watch the programs closely. It's good to know that

Great to see that he seems to be headed in the right direction. Wish him nothing but the best going forward.

I thought we weren't allowed to talk about him on this board.

I thought I saw him playing somewhere the other night? what school is he at now?

Illinois State in the MVC. He's having a really nice season.

He is shooting .285 from the field this year and .262 from 3. He's turning it over quite a bit too. That's not my definition of a really nice season.

Top Bottom