'dre goes the full Westbrook

From the Barn

Reaction score
'dre goes the full Westbrook (now updated)

gif_2.14.13_dre_kiss.0_standard_783.0.gif

And this is four straight games against the Badgers with at least 20 points, right?

The great thing about Andre is that he can also play defense and make assists. Westbrook was a one hit wonder.

The great thing about Andre is that he can also play defense and make assists. Westbrook was a one hit wonder.

And he had 5 boards last night. I think Andre is physically is a solid defender, but still has some learning to do on the mental aspect of D. Understanding proper position/angles to best defend the perimeter when the ball is down low, etc.

I think Andre's jump shot is our best offense, and I sometimes wish he would take a jumper whenever it's open, even if it's with 27 seconds on the shot clock.

Westbrook was a good basketball player. If he had Andre's personality people would have loved him. Problem is he 'appeared' to be a sheittty teammate and flat out as$hole.

He had balls the size of coconuts when it came to the final possessions.

Westbrook was a good basketball player. If he had Andre's personality people would have loved him. Problem is he 'appeared' to be a sheittty teammate and flat out as$hole.

He had balls the size of coconuts when it came to the final possessions.

I think Joe needs to get there also. His drive to the basket in the closing seconds got us into overtime, but he does not do that enough. I think Tubby may have put the fear of God in him because of all of his turnovers, but I will take the turnovers on aggression most any time. It's the careless TO's that Tubby hates as do us all.

I am very encouraged by this win in that the whole team showed guts and determination. Next year with Austin, Andre and Joe, we could have one of the best back courts in the country. I think Elliot and Mo will give us a pretty good returning front court and then we need a power forward type to step up from the JC ranks or have Buggs or Otto step up. It would be great to see that back court continue to grow for the balance of the year, and not have to wait for next year for it fullly mature.

I think Elliot and Mo will give us a pretty good returning front court and then we need a power forward type to step up from the JC ranks or have Buggs or Otto step up. It would be great to see that back court continue to grow for the balance of the year, and not have to wait for next year for it fullly mature.

I hope Buggs can play PF with his thin frame like DJ did. I havn't followed Foster, and don't expect much from Oto. We're in Gavin's final four, he has the best chance to start IMO if he comes here. If we don't land him I would look of a juco pg.

I think Tubby may have put the fear of God in him because of all of his turnovers, but I will take the turnovers on aggression most any time. It's the careless TO's that Tubby hates as do us all.

I don't recall many of Joe's turnovers being of the "aggressive" kind. Most seem like either not knowing where someone should be or bouncing it off his own leg. Here's hoping he improves in handling the ball.

Tangential on Joe. He had awful defensive match ups last night, and I think he does frequently. He hung in there pretty well against bigger guys last night. At 6-4, he is an undersized 3.

Tangential on Joe. He had awful defensive match ups last night, and I think he does frequently. He hung in there pretty well against bigger guys last night. At 6-4, he is an undersized 3.

I agree he played hard, but it sure does help that Evans is such an awful foul shooter. My wife even noticed how bad he is and I'm pretty sure the highlight of the evening for her was Red Panda.

I agree he played hard, but it sure does help that Evans is such an awful foul shooter. My wife even noticed how bad he is and I'm pretty sure the highlight of the evening for her was Red Panda.

Anyone know the rule for fouling away from the ball in CBB? Wondering why no one employs the "Hack-A-Evans" against Wisconsin.

Could never figure out why a Gopher player would ever argue that he didn't foul Evans, that's the play you want!

I don't recall many of Joe's turnovers being of the "aggressive" kind. Most seem like either not knowing where someone should be or bouncing it off his own leg. Here's hoping he improves in handling the ball.

I agree for the most part. I was extremely upset when he allowed Dekker to shoot an open 3 on an in bounds play shortly after Dekker had already hit one. It was like Coleman was surprised he shot a 3.

I think Joe needs to get there also. His drive to the basket in the closing seconds got us into overtime, but he does not do that enough. I think Tubby may have put the fear of God in him because of all of his turnovers, but I will take the turnovers on aggression most any time. It's the careless TO's that Tubby hates as do us all.

I am very encouraged by this win in that the whole team showed guts and determination. Next year with Austin, Andre and Joe, we could have one of the best back courts in the country. I think Elliot and Mo will give us a pretty good returning front court and then we need a power forward type to step up from the JC ranks or have Buggs or Otto step up. It would be great to see that back court continue to grow for the balance of the year, and not have to wait for next year for it fullly mature.

+1

Anyone know the rule for fouling away from the ball in CBB? Wondering why no one employs the "Hack-A-Evans" against Wisconsin.

Could never figure out why a Gopher player would ever argue that he didn't foul Evans, that's the play you want!
My brother said this during the game too, he said as soon as a team gets over the limit against Wisconsin they should just foul Evans and make him go to the line.

Westbrook " WON" two games on his own against Wisconsin. Several times Tubby put Westbrook on the teams best backcourt offensive player. Yup, he could be an A-hole, but give me 5 A-holes with his balls and I'll win the B1G. In conclusion, Westy absolutely hated Wisconsin as per his interview when he took it to Wisconsin on their home court. Tubby put the clamps on Westbrook media wise after that.

I agree for the most part. I was extremely upset when he allowed Dekker to shoot an open 3 on an in bounds play shortly after Dekker had already hit one. It was like Coleman was surprised he shot a 3.

The Dekker match up was the one I was referring to, primarily. Brutal match up for Joe. I remember him hitting the threes, but can't remember them being uncontested. Joe probably got caught up in the Badgers hook and bump screen game! I may have been able to guard Evans last night. Hard to imagine a D-1 player so awful at free throws.

I hope Buggs can play PF with his thin frame like DJ did. I havn't followed Foster, and don't expect much from Oto. We're in Gavin's final four, he has the best chance to start IMO if he comes here. If we don't land him I would look of a juco pg.

Hoop Dreams- Sounds like Ellis the 6-4 incoming Frosh has the handle to play some backup PG.

What Joe needs to do is develop a jump shot. The opposition is playing way off of him which hampers his ability to drive and also allows the defense to sag on our bigs or other shooters. I like Joe, think he has guts and love that he hit those free throws. However, until he learns to shoot he hurts the offense.

And he had 5 boards last night. I think Andre is physically is a solid defender, but still has some learning to do on the mental aspect of D. Understanding proper position/angles to best defend the perimeter when the ball is down low, etc.

I think Andre's jump shot is our best offense, and I sometimes wish he would take a jumper whenever it's open, even if it's with 27 seconds on the shot clock.

We were half joking during the game that the play they called to at the end of the first half where everyone stood on the baseline should be our new offense. If they double him then everyone goes in motion.

Put together the numbers on Dre in his 4 career games vs. Wisconsin. He very clearly steps it up against our hated rival.

PPG: 19.8 (20, 18, 20, 21 in those games
APG: 1.3 (2, 0, 0, 3)
RPG: 4.8 (6, 3, 5, 5)
5 steals, and 6 turnovers
FG% = 39.6 (21-53)
3ptFG% = 50% (13-26)
FT% = 85.7% (24-28)

Outside of the low assist and FG%, this is damned impressive. 6 turnovers in the amount of minutes he's averaged against the Badgers is pretty solid (particularly his 0 turnovers in 43 minutes last night!).

Hoping we're witnessing the birth of a Badger-killer. Gotta improve on that 1-3 W-L record though...

Top Bottom