Reusse Column: Gophers show some heart as they sludge it out with Badgers

As C. Montgomery Burns once said: "I know what I hate, and I don't hate this."

Was pleasantly surprised by the Reusse article, not one brazen cheap-shot. I tweeted him my compliments to his Strib account. Hopefully he won't block me, like he did on his 1500 account (why I have no idea, the worst thing I said to him was basically 'your take sucks, because X,Y,Z').

Reusse: " Wisconsin, the ugliest No. 20 ranked team in the history college BB.....

rankings" Also this quote from Patrick: "If Wisconsin is No. 20, I don't want to be forced to watch No. 21" I can count on my hands the number of articles by Reusse over the past 30 years that I found acceptable. This article finished off a great night IMO.

rankings" Also this quote from Patrick: "If Wisconsin is No. 20, I don't want to be forced to watch No. 21" I can count on my hands the number of articles by Reusse over the past 30 years that I found acceptable. This article finished off a great night IMO.

Is he really knocking the Badgers, or is he just trying to diminish the importance of last night's win?

Is he really knocking the Badgers, or is he just trying to diminish the importance of last night's win?

Both. His am1500 column was a recitation of why last night's win proves that the Gophers are neither talented, nor overachievers, which is quite an impressive feat to pull off, in my book.

His dislike of Badger basketball and their style of play is sincere. Heard it many times.

That's interesting, I did not know that about Reusse. Most Gopher bashing usually coincides with slobbering over the Badgers and Bo Ryan and his "system" and how he's such an amazing coach, at least that seems to be the case with most self-loathing Gopher fans. I just feel like most people who take as many shots at the Gophers as Reusse does do so in the context how awesome our rivals are, so it's interesting to hear that his hate for the Badgers is about on the same level as his hate for his own team.

Top Bottom