Mike Bruesewitz's fantastic turnover!!!!

Stan

Reaction score
Wow, did Carrot Top take a mental break or what?! It couldn't have happened to a more overly emotional kid than that.

Thanks for letting us back it in it Mike!!

Maybe he shouldn't have spent so much tap patting himself on the back for taking that charge.

I've never seen such a mindless turnover at such a critical time in the game like that. No doubt the crowd and the Gophers pressure D got to him.

Love "heady" players like that.

Go Gophers!!

He does the little things.

Thanks, Ronald.

I've never seen such a mindless turnover at such a critical time in the game like that. No doubt the crowd and the Gophers pressure D got to him.

Go Gophers!!

Wasn't a turnover, but I remember in our NIT game against Middle Tennessee State, there was a point at the end where I think it was Austin Hollins trying to inbound the ball, and the defender touched Austin while he was out of bounds; it was a technical if I recall correctly, and I believe the game was pretty close at that point.

Amelia blog: Gophers postgame: Bruesewitz turnover aided a much-needed Minnesota win

“I messed it up,” he said. “I knew I shouldn’t have moved. We had a timeout and I knew it was getting close (to a 5-second call). I tried to step and took one too many … I’ve been in that position 100 times, if not more. I’ve done it enough in practice when you can’t move. I just took one too many steps. I was trying to get a better angle to get the ball into Jared. They called it and that was the game.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/191342921.html

Go Gophers!!

Amelia blog: Gophers postgame: Bruesewitz turnover aided a much-needed Minnesota win

“I messed it up,” he said. “I knew I shouldn’t have moved. We had a timeout and I knew it was getting close (to a 5-second call). I tried to step and took one too many … I’ve been in that position 100 times, if not more. I’ve done it enough in practice when you can’t move. I just took one too many steps. I was trying to get a better angle to get the ball into Jared. They called it and that was the game.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/191342921.html

Go Gophers!!

Not a math major, are you?

Although I suppose the 4 or 5 steps he took after "one too many" really counts.

Yep. Lil' Orphan Annie surely did hack it up at the end. Suitable, especially after such chest-beating antics following the dubious call just seconds before. That's the way it goes sometimes, young Annie, and karma, she can be a real fricken bitch.

Yep. Lil' Orphan Annie surely did hack it up at the end. Suitable, especially after such chest-beating antics following the dubious call just seconds before. That's the way it goes sometimes, young Annie, and karma, she can be a real fricken bitch.

Although I am not a trained lip reader, I'm pretty sure I figured out what he said after that call.

The complete beauty of the Bruesewitz turnover was the ESPN guy carrying on about Bruesewitz' basketball IQ for taking the charge on Hollins the previous play. Mmmm..not so much.

Go Gophers!!

Chris Webber in the National Championship game? It happens, but glad to see a bonehead play finally go our way.

He might have been inspired by Rodney and Trevor's antics after every single dunk they've had in their careers.

The best is if you watch the replay, the ref hands him the ball and says "Don't Move". After the play is done ESPN does a nice close up of Bruiser saying "*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#". Totally made my day.

Man, he took 3 steps in place before galloping to the left. Ref should've called that a lot earlier.

Wow, did Carrot Top take a mental break or what?! It couldn't have happened to a more overly emotional kid than that.

Thanks for letting us back it in it Mike!!

I watched that so called charge 6 or 7 times and I don't get it. He jumps in front of Austin as Austin appears to be going into his motion to take the shot. What difference does it make whether he landed on his heels as the ESPN dude said or if he landed on his head?

I think Mike knew it was a bad call and being a Minnesota kid Mike wanted to be fair. Thanks Mikie

Man, he took 3 steps in place before galloping to the left. Ref should've called that a lot earlier.

+1. Took the words right out of my mouth. He was shuffling his feet virtually from the time the ref handed him the ball. I think a lot of kids don't know that moving your feet on an in-bound play (not after a made basket) is traveling. Of course Bozo's was more blatant than that, but as you stated, even shuffling your feet is traveling.

I watched that so called charge 6 or 7 times and I don't get it. He jumps in front of Austin as Austin appears to be going into his motion to take the shot. What difference does it make whether he landed on his heels as the ESPN dude said or if he landed on his head?

I think Mike knew it was a bad call and being a Minnesota kid Mike wanted to be fair. Thanks Mikie

Didn't understand that either. The main thing is that Hollins had already committed to the shot before Bruesewitz was even close to being set. In fact, I'm not even sure if he was ever fully set.

That charge call was bogus. I hate a call like that with ~20 seconds left in a game. Hollins went 99% straight up with his shot, and made slight contact with BrewSchwitzer who did a nice job selling the charge. Refs need to swallow it especially that late in a close game.

That charge call was bogus. I hate a call like that with ~20 seconds left in a game. Hollins went 99% straight up with his shot, and made slight contact with BrewSchwitzer who did a nice job selling the charge. Refs need to swallow it especially that late in a close game.

Unless it is Austin driving against Myers Leonard and they call a defensive foul :)

Mike B... A.K.H.....Bozo the Clown, Little Orphan Annie, Ronald McDonald, Clarabelle the Clown, etc. Anymore monikers?

LOL! Made my day.

A few seconds later, after they made them take Evans out, he says to one of his teamates. "I f....d up." Haha. Yes you did, yes you did. I hope somebody makes a video
montage of the whole sequence.

+1. Took the words right out of my mouth. He was shuffling his feet virtually from the time the ref handed him the ball. I think a lot of kids don't know that moving your feet on an in-bound play (not after a made basket) is traveling. Of course Bozo's was more blatant than that, but as you stated, even shuffling your feet is traveling.

Now I think that you are wrong, dpo. I always see a ref when handing the ball to a kid for a throw in signal either "you may run" or "hold your spot." The signal is..."swing the arm to indicate movement allowed" or "point to the floor to indicate hold your spot." Kids are taught this in Junior High.

Now I think that you are wrong, dpo. I always see a ref when handing the ball to a kid for a throw in signal either "you may run" or "hold your spot." The signal is..."swing the arm to indicate movement allowed" or "point to the floor to indicate hold your spot." Kids are taught this in Junior High.

I know most everyone is taught this at a very young age, but it seems a lot either don't really "get it" or forget. I guess my point is that it is (as you said) a jr. high mistake and to do it at the major D-I level is an unforgivable error.

I know most everyone is taught this at a very young age, but it seems a lot either don't really "get it" or forget. I guess my point is that it is (as you said) a jr. high mistake and to do it at the major D-I level is an unforgivable error.

On that we totally agree.

Top Bottom