Nerlens Noel out for the season

John Calipari ‏@UKCoachCalipari

I’ve been coaching for 22 years and this is the first injury we’ve had of this kind during the season, which makes it even more devastating

that is from Calipari's twitter feed- how many has MN had in the last 3 years? and this is his first?

22 years and this is his first ACL tear? John has supernatural powers.

I feel bad for Nerlens Noel. I have NO sympathy for Coach Cal and Kentucky.

He was generally projected as the #1 or 2 draft pick. I would guess this means he will be back for a 2nd year of college. Worst case he is seen as the 2nd coming of Greg Oden and falls out of the lottery a year from now, losing million$.

The three times that I saw him this year, including last night pre injury, he didn't look close to being NBA ready. He wasn't close to Anthony Davis who is having only a so so rookie year. Noel looks to slight, doesn't hold his position, doesn't look engaged and has a tendency to drift. He certainly didn't dominate when I saw him play. Obviously, the scouts know a thing or two about NBA skills that I don't.

If he can recover fully from the injury and put on twenty pounds, this may not be the worst thing.

The three times that I saw him this year, including last night pre injury, he didn't look close to being NBA ready. He wasn't close to Anthony Davis who is having only a so so rookie year. Noel looks to slight, doesn't hold his position, doesn't look engaged and has a tendency to drift. He certainly didn't dominate when I saw him play. Obviously, the scouts know a thing or two about NBA skills that I don't.

If he can recover fully from the injury and put on twenty pounds, this may not be the worst thing.

If he has one hair on his ass that compares to Adrian Peterson, he will come back. Now, does he? Remains to be seen.

He was generally projected as the #1 or 2 draft pick. I would guess this means he will be back for a 2nd year of college. Worst case he is seen as the 2nd coming of Greg Oden and falls out of the lottery a year from now, losing million$.

A couple more injuries and he might get his degree.

There isn't a chance in he11 Noel is back for another season at Kentucky according to a couple College Basketball experts.

Top Bottom