Teague talks outdoor hockey in Minnesota, whether more BT teams will add hockey, etc

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Teague was on 1500 today and they asked a few questions about Big Ten hockey, the outdoor game this weekend, where we are with an outdoor game in Minnesota, etc. These notes are not verbatim, but they are close. Here is a link for the full interview:

http://www.1500espn.com/ondemand/

Teague on BT hockey conference with less than half of the BT having teams (now 6 with 14 teams in conference)…It gives us flexibility with our in-state rivals.

Teague on whether other BT teams will add hockey…I just don’t see it. For the foreseeable future it will continue to be very rare across the country (to add D1 hockey).

Teague on outdoor Gopher hockey game this weekend and future game outdoor at TCF Bank Stadium…I’m excited. I’ll be there. I hear ticket sales are going well. We are working on an outdoor game here as we speak. I think it will happen, it would be great. A double header in an ideal world. We want to do it.

Teague on what he’ll learn in Chicago at the hockey game…I don’t know how hard it will be to pull off here. Structure wise from a facilities standpoint we should be good. We just have to figure out with schedules. It’s not cheap, but you can put a lot of people in the stadium.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom