Teague says he won't publicly evaluate during the year, talks team frustration, etc.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Teague had a brief interview with Judd & Dubay today. Here are the highlights as it pertains to the basketball discussion. These are not verbatim, but close. I took out some phrases that make sense on radio when listening but not when written down. Here is a link to the entire interview:

http://www.1500espn.com/ondemand/

Teague on where the season is going…I’m disappointed for the kids right now. Everyone can sense the frustration after the Illinois game. I went in the locker room after and its hard. These are 19 and 20 year old kids. They are working hard, they are human beings. We’ll see what happens. We have 7 games left. I’ve been asked about Tubby and I’ve said, I’m not going to publicly evaluate during the year. I evaluate every program after the year. I will not evaluate publicly during the year.

Teague on whether it adds more pressure on Tubby since he (Teague) is tied so closely with Shaka…I don’t think so. I have had a lot of great coaches who I’ve been associated with. Look at Anthony Grant. I have some others as well.

Teague on whether long-term buyouts impact his thinking…Not that much, because you know what those are when you do a contract. They are money, you always think about that, but they don’t come into play too much. You don’t’ want to spend money frivolously, but not that much.

Teague on if there is something Tubby and team has to do to make it a successful year…I think game by game, I don’t know in the end what that will be. It just depends. It just take it game by game, see how they play. If someone gets hurt that changes things too.

Go Gophers!!

Well, Rodney's hurt. If we had had him all year, we'd still be in the top 10.

Top Bottom