Minnesota to Unveil OfficeMax Hockey City Classic Jersey Tuesday

BleedGopher

Reaction score
MINNEAPOLIS –Keeping with the state of Minnesota’s legacy as the land of pond hockey, the Minnesota men’s hockey program will unveil a commemorative jersey for the upcoming OfficeMax Hockey City Classic on Tuesday night at Lake of the Isles Outdoor Rink in Minneapolis.

Minnesota head coach Don Lucia and team captain Zach Budish will be on hand for Tuesday’s unveiling with the event scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m. CT. Lucia and Budish will be available for interviews following the unveiling.

The team also announced that each of the game worn Gopher jerseys and select replicas will be auctioned off following Sunday’s game with the proceeds benefitting Defending the Blue Line. More information for the auction will be announced at a later date. Defending the Blue Line families and staff will also be on hand for Tuesday’s unveiling and will skate with members of the Gopher hockey staff following the unveiling. The unveiling and skate are open to the public.

The OfficeMax Hockey City Classic is set for Sunday, Feb. 17 at Chicago’s Soldier Field with Minnesota taking on border rival Wisconsin following a matchup between Notre Dame and Miami. Sunday’s event marks Minnesota’s first outdoor game in the modern era.

Tickets for the OfficeMax Hockey City Classic are on sale to the general public through Ticketmaster.com. For more information, including ticket sales, breaking news and schedule information, visit HockeyCityClassic.com. You can also find information on Facebook (Facebook.com/HockeyCityClassic) and on Twitter (@HKYCityClassic).

-Pride on Ice-

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/021113aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Awesome.. I wonder what kind of style they'll go with.. I'm hoping it'll be something like this.

1936-1948%20Gophers%20Hockey.jpg

I'm hoping for a giant, rabid gopher with laser eyes on the front and hot chicks on the back.

Top Bottom