Gottlieb's big board: Top 30 NBA prospects (Rodney #30)

Someone in the second round will take a chance on Rodney, especially if they have made several picks already.

He could win the slam dunk contest. Too bad he can't hit a 10 foot jumper or a FT.

Iverson #26? Gimme a break...

14PPG/10RPG/57%FG's. Leading his team to a top 25 rank this week. I'm not saying he should be that high, but he's definitely found his place in college bball. He's not the same player that wore the maroon and gold. Devoe and Cobbs also looked much better away from the maroon and gold. Hmm...

14PPG/10RPG/57%FG's. Leading his team to a top 25 rank this week. I'm not saying he should be that high, but he's definitely found his place in college bball. He's not the same player that wore the maroon and gold. Devoe and Cobbs also looked much better away from the maroon and gold. Hmm...

Yeah, it's hard to say what it is. Tubby? Style of play? Getting more minutes? Quality of competition? Probably a combination of the four.

"30. Rodney Williams, Minnesota, Forward, 6-7, 200, Senior: Crazy athlete. Should be able to make it in the league."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/doug-gottlieb/21687186

Go Gophers!!

Just a hunch but I think Rodney was benched by Tubby on Sunday NOT because of the shoulder bruise but because of insubordination. Rodney told Eddie Jones he was good to go during warmups...I'm guessing that Tubby was riding him hard in practice and Rodney popped off and said something so Tubby benched decided to bench him. Not wanting the media to dig up more embarrassing stuff, he used the injury as a decoy. It makes no sense to me that Tubby wouldn't play Rodney with a simple bruise when he said he was ok.

Yeah, it's hard to say what it is. Tubby? Style of play? Getting more minutes? Quality of competition? Probably a combination of the four.

I think a big part of their improvement is also due to the fact that they essentially redshirt for a year after transferring. A years worth of practice time probably has more to do with it than a change in style of play or coach imo.

Colton was the biggest disapointment to me, not because of anything that he did however Tubbys decision to play soft ass Ralph over him.

Top Bottom