I Tried to Warn You

Moses87

Banned
Reaction score
Back in Late December I started a very negative thread about the Gophers prospects after an ugly win over Lafayette. I was concerned about the turnovers, lack of a true point guard, bench weakness and terrible offense. My assertion that we would be a bubble team was 100% correct. ALL of those problems are on Tubby and his responsibility.

Most of you skewered me for being the eternal pessimist and didn't bother to read my actual concerns and points.

Well, tonight's game was the last 2 hours of my life I'll waste watching another Tubby team. This has been the most dissapointing regression I've ever witnessed.

I will be back when Norwood Teague announces Tubby's buyout...Until then I'm going back to living my life and not worrying about this team.

Dude, you already announced your departure here once tonight. Are you that self-righteous that you had to do it again?

If you want to leave, then leave, no sense in making a big deal out of yourself.

Us die-hards will continue to live through the ups and downs, cheer on the team as frustrating as it is and enjoy sharing our passion for the Gophers. We can live our life and do all that at the same time. They aren't mutually exclusive for the rest of us.

When you became a Gopher fan you had to know that it wasn't going to be easy or that we would experience success all that often.

Back in Late December I started a very negative thread about the Gophers prospects after an ugly win over Lafayette. I was concerned about the turnovers, lack of a true point guard, bench weakness and terrible offense. My assertion that we would be a bubble team was 100% correct. ALL of those problems are on Tubby and his responsibility.

Most of you skewered me for being the eternal pessimist and didn't bother to read my actual concerns and points.

Well, tonight's game was the last 2 hours of my life I'll waste watching another Tubby team. This has been the most dissapointing regression I've ever witnessed.

I will be back when Norwood Teague announces Tubby's buyout...Until then I'm going back to living my life and not worrying about this team.

Are you still here?

Dude, you already announced your departure here once tonight. Are you that self-righteous that you had to do it again?

If you want to leave, then leave, no sense in making a big deal out of yourself.

Us die-hards will continue to live through the ups and downs, cheer on the team as frustrating as it is and enjoy sharing our passion for the Gophers. We can live our life and do all that at the same time. They aren't mutually exclusive for the rest of us.

+1. See ya when we have a new coach, who you can rip a couple months into the job. Until then, buh-bye.

Wait a minute?! How was there a regression if your expectations were so low from the start?!

Seems we've done about what you expected we'd do. No regression at all.

What is more likely the case is that the combination of winning a home game vs MSU and the road game over an OVERRATED Illini team raised the expectations of most fans WAY TOO HIGH.

I also remember our win over Stanford was quite a lucky one. There was a questionable call or no call at the very end and we won on a last second shot or something? But I remember my impression was that we escaped with that win.

The win over SDSU was when they were down a player.

And as for the win over MSU, I remember posting that I was pleased that we got to play MSU so early in the conf scedule, because they always seem to improve as the year goes along, and we usually seem to have to play them towards the end of our scedule and always get beat by them, no matter their ranking, as they are on their way to proving in the NCAA tourney that they were underrated.

So our beating them at home has been overvalued.

Our loss to NW wasn't as bad as it seemed, when you consider that NW has a couple decent wins on their resume. Still bad, just not AS bad as some have made it out to be.

Sure, we lost AT HOME to Illinois, but we WON on the road vs Illinois. So a wash. They died by the 3 in the first game, and lived by it in this 2nd game that we lost to them.

We lost on the ROAD by 1 point to a Wisconsin team that has been underrated all year.

And we won at home to a scrappy Iowa team that is also underrated.

So in all actuality, the Gophers are doing just about exactly as you predicted they would do back in December.

So, NO REGRESSION. Just a lot of overblown hype that YOU apparently were taken in by, as was I.

I remember originally predicting that we'd finish 3rd in the Big Ten, but not because I thought that we were the 3rd best team in the Big Ten, but because we had a favorable scedule. I actually figured us as the 4th or 5th best team. Figured we were the 4th going in, but with MSU always improving as they do, that we'd finish up the 5th best.

So basically, we are only on scedule to finish one place worse than I originally predicted. I got taken in by the hype as well.

Our loss to NW wasn't as bad as it seemed, when you consider that NW has a couple decent wins on their resume. Still bad, just not AS bad as some have made it out to be.

Sorry, but the L to NW really was awful....IMO

It was a ROAD loss, to a Top 100 RPI rated team that had road wins vs Top 50 Baylor and Top 50 Illinois.

Bad, just not as bad as some here make it out to be.

And technically, not considered a bad loss by the NCAA selection committee.

Top Bottom