Anyone else watch some of the NIT games this year?

GopherJim

Reaction score
I think it's been great. IMO, the NIT has become a more fair tournament since the NCAA took it over in 2005. It really helps the little schools have a more fair chance to reach the NIT Final 4. Even though they lost, it was really nice to see Creighton get to play Kentucky in Omaha. 4 years ago, that would have never happened. It's also nice that a team like St. Mary's gets to host a couple of games, whereas they would almost always have to travel on the road to play. This new set-up with the seeding has made the NIT a lot more relevant IMO. It's also produced some pretty good games.

I think it's been great. IMO, the NIT has become a more fair tournament since the NCAA took it over in 2005. It really helps the little schools have a more fair chance to reach the NIT Final 4. Even though they lost, it was really nice to see Creighton get to play Kentucky in Omaha. 4 years ago, that would have never happened. It's also nice that a team like St. Mary's gets to host a couple of games, whereas they would almost always have to travel on the road to play. This new set-up with the seeding has made the NIT a lot more relevant IMO. It's also produced some pretty good games.

I'm going to UK vs. ND tomorrow night. Should be a DANDY game.

Both teams WAY underachieved this year.

Watching the NIT games along with some of the lower seeded teams in the tournament only reminded me how disorganized our offense is. We are just horrible at moving the ball on offense, and it makes me question how we won as many games as we did this year.

I agree, the NIT seems to be a step up from years past. I think it is refreshing to see some of these schools sell the games out. I know for a fact that only a hand full of people would show up to a NIT game at the Barn. It is almost sad to see the NIT end up in NY because of the strong fan support. It really would not be fair though to have the final games on anyone's home courts.

Watching the NIT games along with some of the lower seeded teams in the tournament only reminded me how disorganized our offense is. We are just horrible at moving the ball on offense, and it makes me question how we won as many games as we did this year.

I agree, the NIT seems to be a step up from years past. I think it is refreshing to see some of these schools sell the games out. I know for a fact that only a hand full of people would show up to a NIT game at the Barn. It is almost sad to see the NIT end up in NY because of the strong fan support. It really would not be fair though to have the final games on anyone's home courts.

Exactly. 22 W with very limited offense was remarkable achievement.

Nice win by Penn St. tonight, especially since Florida had such a great crowd.

BTW, the ND/UK game should be a fun game to be at.

Top Bottom