The Question Is...

mnsports255

Banned
Reaction score
The question said by 1500ESPN is... Shaka Smart or Flip Saunders?

After 6 years, it's safe to say Tubby had his opportunities and he did an absolutely terrible job with the U.

It's time for Norwood to do the right thing, quit kissing Tubby's butt, and fire him immediately after the season ends.

We stand a better chance at severing a shot to land the big 3 with a new coach also.

After 6 years, it's safe to say Tubby had his opportunities and he did an absolutely terrible job with the U.

It's time for Norwood to do the right thing, quit kissing Tubby's butt, and fire him immediately after the season ends.

We stand a better chance at severing a shot to land the big 3 with a new coach also.

I have never got involved in the fire Tubby talk, and tend to avoid GH for long periods of time when the Gophers are going through rough times. But, this is just getting ridiculous. Cant win at home, cant beat the teams we are supposed to beat, always playing scared, always playing stupid, no offensive flow, poor execution, and......NEVER any responsibilty taken by Tubby.

I have never got involved in the fire Tubby talk, and tend to avoid GH for long periods of time when the Gophers are going through rough times. But, this is just getting ridiculous. Cant win at home, cant beat the teams we are supposed to beat, always playing scared, always playing stupid, no offensive flow, poor execution, and......NEVER any responsibilty taken by Tubby.

And honestly what does he have them work on at practice?

So Tubby gets the boot then what? Granted Tubby's coaching is head scratching, especially with that stupid line change continuing and poor spacing no movement offense, but what coach would come to Minn? Stevens, Shaka, who? Why Shaka anyway? What has he proven? Temper our anger for now. IMO

Is Flip a real possibility? How would you guys feel about that hire? Would it work out similar to what Iowa state has done... It seems Hoiberg is doing a fine job down there.

[SUB][/SUB]
Is Flip a real possibility? How would you guys feel about that hire? Would it work out similar to what Iowa state has done... It seems Hoiberg is doing a fine job down there.
Part of me wonders if he would be like Tubby and have one foot it in retirement, but the other part sees him as being highly motivated to work at his alma mater and use his great connections to land in-state talent. I was championing Flip before Tubby got hired, but when Tubby hired I thought it was an absolute home run and better than a Flip hire.

Why Flip? Do GH'ers believe he would bring a magic wand and fix everything? His win-loss % is 58% and he is 56 years old. Does he have that "fire in the belly?"

Any thought to the guy, his name escapes me, Ellis I think that is an associate AD or something?

Sounds like he's got some assistant experience, be a risky hire probably, but could be crazy enough to work.

Its not after 6 years yet. Somewhere in the middle of one of #1asldkguoisaulkfdsjgas's long and rambling posts was a long recitations of teams with disappointing regular seasons who made big tourney runs. If Tubby could go on a big run in the NCAA tournament, he could still make year 6 a success. I agree wholeheartedly that we are getting a garbage performance this regular season, but to me, the regular season is the 3rd most important season behind NCAA postseason and BTT.

Its not after 6 years yet. Somewhere in the middle of one of #1asldkguoisaulkfdsjgas's long and rambling posts was a long recitations of teams with disappointing regular seasons who made big tourney runs. If Tubby could go on a big run in the NCAA tournament, he could still make year 6 a success. I agree wholeheartedly that we are getting a garbage performance this regular season, but to me, the regular season is the 3rd most important season behind NCAA postseason and BTT.

The conference tournaments are the biggest waste of time in all of sports.

Success in the conference season assures:

A better seed in the big dance, which leads to a better chance of success in the big dance.

A more energized fan base which leads to more people in the seats, and therefore more money in the coffers.

All of which helps with recruiting.

The conference tournaments are the biggest waste of time in all of sports.

Success in the conference season assures:

A better seed in the big dance, which leads to a better chance of success in the big dance.

A more energized fan base which leads to more people in the seats, and therefore more money in the coffers.

All of which helps with recruiting.

To me, the biggest value of the regular season is the your point in bold. I don't care if we win in the NCAA tourney in spite of the bad seed our conference record got us, and I won't celebrate a good seed earned by a good regular season if we end up getting upset in the first round.

Top Bottom