1500 Notebook: Gophers' Wally Ellenson out 1-2 weeks with strained Achilles

Nice decision not to redshirt.

It was Wally's decision as well, he said he only wanted to be in college for four years. Besides, it's not like 1 or 2 weeks is a ton of time, and you can't really predict that an injury is going to happen.

Wonder if Wally would be open to a medical RS, or if that is even possible.

Wonder if Wally would be open to a medical RS, or if that is even possible.

I believe the conditions for that are that you can play in no more than 12 games (or some percentage of games equivalent to about 12), and if you play at all in the second half of the season you can't get one. For instance, you can't have guy out with a torn ACL, but then he heals and you play him in the final 8 games of the season, and then get a medical hardship waiver. I believe it is impossible at this point for Wally to get one.

I believe the conditions for that are that you can play in no more than 12 games (or some percentage of games equivalent to about 12), and if you play at all in the second half of the season you can't get one. For instance, you can't have guy out with a torn ACL, but then he heals and you play him in the final 8 games of the season, and then get a medical hardship waiver. I believe it is impossible at this point for Wally to get one.

Bummer!

Nice decision not to redshirt.

True. Tubby should have seen this coming. Or more likely, he got out his crowbar and started beating on him, like he's done to all those other players.

Good lord, you're a miserable person.

Top Bottom