Women's NCAA Tourney - Minnesota vs Texas A&M

If we don't, naturally to some it will be Borton's fault. Good luck, LadyGophers.

we not gonna win this game if we turning it over. 9 Turnovers already. 21-11.

Texas A&M lead 39-24 at the half.

16 Minnesota turnovers. ouch.

The game isn't being shown in my region, so I don't know whats going on.

Sounds like AEM is playing solid, but no one else is scoring.

Ummmm...what is happening with the Gopher women... they look like they should not even have been playing in the NIT tounament for women.

The game isn't showing in my area, so I am going by the game stats on CBS. Right now, we have 25 turnovers and 24 shots. That's embarrassing. Is it horrible play by us, or is the TAMU that good???

It's a little of both, but TAMU does play in your shorts defense, so it doesn't surprise me at all that the Gophers are struggling to score. They have allowed 50 or fewer 14 times this season. Allowed 70 twice and that was to Baylor and Oklahoma. Top 10 teams.

Ummmm...what is happening with the Gopher women... they look like they should not even have been playing in the NIT tounament for women.

They just weren't all that good to begin with. They played one of their best games of the year against Notre Dame the other night and came away with a nice win. Texas A&M is a different animal all together. Bigger, stronger, faster and more skilled. Still, a nice showing for the ladies to come away with a win in the NCAAs. :eek:

If anything, playing a team like Texas A&M shows why we weren't better during the season: Lack of athleticism and higher end skill.

Lack of athleticism and higher end skill.

True.....

But our ladies all come from good solid homes with strong family values. :)

True.....

But our ladies all come from good solid homes with strong family values. :)

Yeah, I don't have anything against any of our ladies....I know they are all good students and are fine folks....just analyzing from a basketball stand point!!!! :):)

It was like watching a tricycle race against a porsche. This program is miles away from even being in the Top Twenty.

Yeah, I don't have anything against any of our ladies....I know they are all good students and are fine folks....just analyzing from a basketball stand point!!!!

Sorry ...I was being my usual cynical self. After the Brobeck revolt Pam said she only wanted to recruit ladies with good family backgrounds. I tend to get sarcastic after humiliating losses.

Sorry ...I was being my usual cynical self. After the Brobeck revolt Pam said she only wanted to recruit ladies with good family backgrounds. I tend to get sarcastic after humiliating losses.

That's okay...no offense was taken...just friendly banter!!!:)

I don't think anything went right for the Gophers tonight.

I thought they were going to get smoked by Notre Dame, so I am happy they advanced to the 2nd round.

Extreme inconsistencies this year. Hopefully they are changed by next November.

3 Big 10 teams in the Sweet 16 :clap:

Family?

What would Borton know about family? You are joking, right? She never said that.

What would Borton know about family? You are joking, right? She never said that.

Q Did you change your recruiting philosophy where you look for kids that will fit into roles or might be happy being the eighth or ninth player?

A We've changed how we recruit. We take a look at their support system at home, their parents...

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/16914131.html
Borton on basketball By CHIP SCOGGINS, Star Tribune last update: March 22, 2008 - 9:21 PM

Can't blame Pam for being a little gun shy after what Brobeck did to her.

SDSU Coach?

Hey - Can we take back that 26-year extention Borton got for no apparent reason so we can make a run at the South Dakota State coach....after being totally unhappy with the Gophers' performance, I caught some of the SDSU game...first time I have ever watched them play and I can not say whether they played great or not, but I was impressed on how well they played team defense and some of the plays they ran at the end to get buckets when they needed them...plus, didn't SDSU sign one of the best players out of Minnesota for next year? I think their coach is for real and we have gotten the best out of Borton.

Top Bottom