Gophers make Gavin Schilling's final four teams

I would be shocked if he ended up here, but have my fingers crossed

If he wants to play right away, this might be the best option for him. Chicago Pipeline!

Things we have going for us:
+Immediate playing time
+Two former teammates in same class, signed
+Better current situations than UCLA and Villanova

Things we have going against us:
-Tom Izzo and his reputation for developing players

After missing on Kyle Washington and Nigel Hayes the Gophers need to get a solid 4 to be competitive next year. Nearly as important is landing a true PG to spell Andre and also let him play the 2. Mav cannot play on a top tier B1G team.

After missing on Kyle Washington and Nigel Hayes the Gophers need to get a solid 4 to be competitive next year. Nearly as important is landing a true PG to spell Andre and also let him play the 2. Mav cannot play on a top tier B1G team.

We are not going to sign 2 players (point and Gavin) unless we have a transfer...which is possible. That said, even with a transfer, I hope we only sign a legit player, not a late shot in the dark. If we don't land Gavin, I would assume we will nab a solid juco forward. Just a guess.

I'm with you. He would be a perfect fit body wise, and the team wouldn't have much drop off next year if we landed him. Any options for point guard still? I wish Tubby would have offered the kid who graduated from St. Paul Johnson last year, Marcus Marshall (but understand we didn't have any scholarships).

I'm with you. He would be a perfect fit body wise, and the team wouldn't have much drop off next year if we landed him. Any options for point guard still? I wish Tubby would have offered the kid who graduated from St. Paul Johnson last year, Marcus Marshall (but understand we didn't have any scholarships).
Someone would have to transfer for us to be looking for another point guard because there won't be any scholarships available. Tubby will bank 1 open scholarship from this season so he has enough for the big 3 in 2014 and that 1 scholarship that is left to use for 2013 will most likely be used on Schilling or a JUCO power forward.

Top Bottom