Join the GopherHole community on Facebook!

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We appreciate the suggestions we received from many of you to start a GopherHole Group on Facebook and we are finally up and running! Please see the link below for the GopherHole.com FB page and we hope to add many of your as “friends” in the coming days! Join the GopherHole group today!

GopherHole.com Facebook Group

I joined, but I am wondering what the benefit of being on the Facebook Gopher Hole group is? I don't ask in some smartass way, I'm just a bit clueless as to how the groups on Facebook work and what advantages they offer. Thanks for the anticipated insights :).

I joined, but I am wondering what the benefit of being on the Facebook Gopher Hole group is? I don't ask in some smartass way, I'm just a bit clueless as to how the groups on Facebook work and what advantages they offer. Thanks for the anticipated insights :).

I think the monetary benefits are obvious. We will be raffling off about $1,000,000 every few weeks...just kidding! No, that's a good question, CH, especially for people not as familiar with Facebook, or the groups.

The groups are a great way to unite members - it's hard to say how it will turn out, but it could bring the GH community closer together, and maybe even put some names to faces. You could use it as a ticket exchange, a way to post great Gopher photos, links, etc. Obviously, you can also do that all on GH - but if you're anything like me, I spend a lot of time on Facebook - it just give another outlet to keep in the loop and possibly meet other holers.

Other advantages are being able to organize events, send group messages to everyone (if there's something groundbreaking), and also keep the GH community growing. I encourage any of you on FB to invite any other friends to join, and maybe we will end up getting new contributors to the board!

The best thing is if Gopherhole wants to start doing events, a tailgate, or support GLCs stuff, this is the future best way to do it. A lot easier than trying to work through evite, and it really just is another communication channel. It won't replace GopherHole, but it will allow them to reach fans/users in other ways.

The only thing that Twitter offers that's slightly better than Facebook is the ability to send text messages to those who "follow" you. WCCO-TV does this pretty well with their "breaking news" text msgs. The messages typically have a "tiny url" link to get to a lengthier report, etc.

So, if GopherHole wanted to announce a new signing or an interview or a gathering, they would post it on Twitter and it would go to their "followers."

I think you can get the same results via Facebook's groups by sending messages to all group members. However, for it to hit a group member's phone as a text message, the member has to enable their Facebook account to send messages to their mobile phone.

The only thing that Twitter offers that's slightly better than Facebook is the ability to send text messages to those who "follow" you. WCCO-TV does this pretty well with their "breaking news" text msgs. The messages typically have a "tiny url" link to get to a lengthier report, etc.

So, if GopherHole wanted to announce a new signing or an interview or a gathering, they would post it on Twitter and it would go to their "followers."

I think you can get the same results via Facebook's groups by sending messages to all group members. However, for it to hit a group member's phone as a text message, the member has to enable their Facebook account to send messages to their mobile phone.

That is essentially what a Facebook fan page is, but you should use them all. I am pretty sure you could sync Twitter and the Fan Pages message stream.

But I agree. Great way to get messages out and drive traffic to breaking news.

Joined both facebook group and fan pages. I think it was a great idea to finally have a group there. Time to start e-stalking...

Top Bottom