Looking Forward Our Next Five Are Key

LongOpherDo

Reaction score
vs IL
vs Wis
@ Iowa
@ OSU
Indiana

We absolutely must win our next two if we're going to keep from having a white knuckle ride during the last 3 games. Then we have a layup vs PSU and potentially pesky roadies @ Nebby and @ Purdue. I know those teams might not concern some of us on paper but if we can find a way to lose to a wretched NW team in a friendly-unfriendly environment, I say we absolutely can drop one or both of our last two.

If we crap the bed against IL or Bucky, we could be looking at a 1-4 stretch which would put us at 6-9 with 3 to play. Could we be talking NIT if we go 8-10? We wouldn't be finishing strong and that's a factor according to the Committee. I'm getting way ahead of myself, but it's unbelievable how this could even be possible with this team, a team that was Top 10 not too long ago.

Its not that i'm off the bandwagon, i love this team; I will root for them however bad or good this gets. That being said, i don't remember the schedule ever looking so daunting - even going into Illinois, Indiana, Michigan (I was filled with abundantly greater hope at that point). I hate to say it, but the way we've been playing, it doesn't seem unrealistic that we go 0-5 in the next 5. Yuck. I agree that this doesn't seem possible. As of today, i'd probably take it if you offered me 2 wins there.

The way the Gophers are playing right now, win 3 or more and I'll consider it a bonus. That means we'd be 8-7 with three games to go, all vs. bottom-half squads.

I think the Gophers could survive going 8-10 and still get a bid, but that would be living dangerously.

That was a kick in the shorts. We need to find a win in the next four somewhere to give us a shot at .500. The rock is falling down the well and picking up speed. It's not worth getting frustrated anymore. If Tubby makes the tournament and wins a game he should absolutely be back. If we find a way not to get in it's GTFO time. I'd wish him the best, but it's just not working anymore.

vs Wis
@ Iowa
@ OSU
Indiana

Honestly, it's hard to imagine a win for the Gophers in these 4 games. Like someone else said, I'll keep watching and cheering them on as best I can, but like the years past I have low expectations for the rest of the season.

I feel like we have had multiple threads like this during our current skid. We keep thinking the next bunch of games are crucial and we will get out of our funk. We are running out of sets of "next games', so we really need to do it against Wisco.

You know what?! Maybe we should just quit thinking about it. I'm going to close my eyes until the start of each new game, and hope for the best, and when the BTT is over, turn on the Selection show and hope that we get in.

Yeah right! I wish I could, but that is impossible. It would be great advice for anyone, especially myself, but I doubt I'll follow my own good advice. But with how things have gone this season, wouldn't that be the smartest thing?!

That was a kick in the shorts. We need to find a win in the next four somewhere to give us a shot at .500. The rock is falling down the well and picking up speed. It's not worth getting frustrated anymore. If Tubby makes the tournament and wins a game he should absolutely be back. If we find a way not to get in it's GTFO time. I'd wish him the best, but it's just not working anymore.

Not a bad summation. If we don't at least scrape our way in, it will be time to declare the grand Tubby experiment over. Until then, let's let them play the games.

Your name isn't Clark W. Griswold is it? It seems we were all looking for the Christmas bonus and instead we got a 12 month subscription to the jelly of the month club!

Top Bottom