Chip Armelin

Blackhammer

Reaction score
He would really help this team. With the way Welch has went in the tank Chip's energy and toughness off the bench would be nice.

He's long gone, time to let it go.

He would really help this team. With the way Welch has went in the tank Chip's energy and toughness off the bench would be nice.

If we had Chip, we wouldn't have Mbakwe. I agree that it would be nice to have a scorer off the bench though.

Couldn't shoot.....couldn't hit free throws

Not like Mavrick, Ingram, Oto and company. At least the guy could score and wasn't scared.

He was a good scorer in about 1 out of every 10 games. The other 9, it often wasn't pretty.

He was a good scorer in about 1 out of every 10 games. The other 9, it often wasn't pretty.

Thank you for pulling random numbers from your ass. Look at his stats last year and tell me how many bad games he actually had.

5.2 points per game

41% from the field

32% from 3

50% from the free throw line

5 double figure scoring games out of 38 games.

A total of 11 points scored in 7 post-season games.

Does this suffice?

He was the 6th or 7th man, and those stats are pretty decent for a guy coming off the bench. Just look at our bench stats this season.

I wish Chip was around, too...on the football team. You chose the wrong sport, Chip.

This does suffice if...

5.2 points per game

41% from the field

32% from 3

50% from the free throw line

5 double figure scoring games out of 38 games.

A total of 11 points scored in 7 post-season games.

Does this suffice?

... if you please tell me how many minutes per game he averaged

Fine, you got me. 13.7 minutes per game.

I personally don't like players that jack up ill-advised shots every time their on the floor. I don't think I've ever cringed more for a single player than I did when Chip shot the ball. By all means, continue pining over the fact that we have Mbakwe instead.

... if you please tell me how many minutes per game he averaged

It's hard to get more minutes when you shoot so poorly. Shooting percentages are not a function of playing time.

And are you really suggesting you'd rather have Armelin than Mbakwe? Because guess what, every team in America would like to have 14 scholarship players. Think of how good Indiana would be if they could have all their new recruits AND the guys that Crean ran off to make room for them.

More than anything Armelin would bring an attitude to this team they are badly missing, he jacked things up on occastion but played with energy and confidence always.

More than anything Armelin would bring an attitude to this team they are badly missing, he jacked things up on occastion but played with energy and confidence always.

Agreed. I'm not pretending that Chip was amazing but I would rather have him than anyone currently coming off of the bench. I also don't think that Chip/Mbakwe had to be "either/or" because we all know that college coaches find ways to make room for the players whom they want and need. We would have seen Ingram or Walker transfer.

Not like Mavrick, Ingram, Oto and company. At least the guy could score and wasn't scared.

Actually......Just like Maverick, Ingram, Oto and company.
Besides, Joe Coleman is the same player, just way better.

Actually......Just like Maverick, Ingram, Oto and company.
Besides, Joe Coleman is the same player, just way better.

I'll take Joe Coleman lite coming off of the bench. We don't even have that.

I'm not sure that a volume shooter who doesn't play defense is what we need.

It would probably help to not have so many late Spring recruits that nobody else wanted. It would help even more if they didn't mostly play in a lineup together that's likely to have more turnovers than points. The fans cringe every time they see that lineup and somehow Tubby seems shocked that they do so poorly.

Top Bottom