NCAA Tournament Every Year Since 2000
1. Arizona
2. Duke
3. Gonzaga
4. Kansas
5. Michigan State
6. Texas
7. Wisconsin

**Kentucky fell off the list this season.

BCS Programs/No NCAA Appearances Since 2000
1. Nebraska
2. Northwestern
3. Oregon State
4. Rutgers
5. South Florida

**Florida State & Michigan fell off the list this season.

BCS Programs/No NCAA Wins Since 2000
1. Baylor
2. Clemson
3. Colorado
4. Florida State
5. Minnesota
6. Nebraska
7. Northwestern
8. Oregon State
9. Rutgers
10. South Carolina
11. South Florida

**Michigan fell off the list this season

The next thing on Tubby's Gopher "to do" checklist?. ... remove the Gophers from list #3. I'd also add as a priority earning a bye for the Big Ten Tournament (say good bye to Thursday). Both goals appear very attainable next season.

Thanks for posting this SS, I was just thinking the other day about your annual "BCS teams that haven´t made the tourney" list and was wondering who remained now that Michigan fell off the list. Here´s my question to you and everyone else-of the five teams that remain on that list, who do you think will be the next to fall off that list? My vote goes to Oregon State. I expect Arizona to fall off quite a bit after this season (and drop off the NCAA tourney since 2000 list), Arizona State could be hit hard with the departure of Pendergraph and Harden (if he declares), and Stanford, Oregon, and Washington State are in transition. Seems like Craig Robinson is bringing some solid talent to Corvallis and they made a nice step this year, we could be signalling the Return of the Beavers in 2009-10.

Coolhand, I agree with you on list #1. Arizona's likely to drop out next season. The others I'd expect to hold their ground.

List #2 as most likely I'd go with Nebraska and, I'm hoping, Northwestern. If NW can beef up its nonconference schedule a little bit, get a couple nice early-season wins, that will take some pressure off heading into the Big 10 season.

List #3, I'd go with the Gophers and South Carolina. As long as Devan Downey returns & Darrin Horn upgrades their NC schedule, the Gamecocks should be a factor in the SEC.

I'm more interested in seeing #7 fall off list #1 than worrying about list #2.

Arizona seems likely to fall off next year but I'm serious in saying that it wouldn't surprise me to see Wisconsin finish 7th or 8th in the conference next year and there is no guarantee that we'll get 7 in again (the SEC was horrible which allowed us to get more bids).

My way to early predicted order of finish for 2009-2010:
1. Purdue
2. Michigan State
3/4/5: Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio State (I'll predict the final order later)
6. Illinois
7/8/9: Northwestern, Penn State, Wisconsin
10. Indiana
11. Iowa

This conference is going to be very tough next year. Michigan State (Suton, Walton), Wisconsin (Landry, Krabbenhoft), and Penn State (Cornley, Pringle) lose the most impact seniors followed by Illinois (Frazier) and Northwestern (Moore). Illinois, Indiana and Minnesota all bring in top 10 recruiting classes. I can't believe I just predicted Iowa would finish 11th because they should be better next year (their only real loss is Tate but he missed most of the BT season anyway) but everybody in the neighborhood is getting better at the same time and Iowa City is not going to be an easy place to win.

I catch Nebraska on TV a few times a year, and they are one of those teams that seem to be on the verge of becoming an NCAA team every year. They played solid at times this year....I remember being in my hotel room in Columbus before I headed out to the OSU vs Minnesota game watching them beat Texas at home. I believe they may had won 20 games 2 years ago.

Nebraska

That's kind of the feeling I get about Nebraska as well. They've got the coach in place, Sadler knows what he's doing, it's just a matter of getting a few more good players to compete with the very best in the Big 12.

Top Bottom