STrib: Unsatisfied mood keeps U basketball working

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"I'm not pleased with where we are," Smith said, vocalizing once more the frustration that has percolated both from him and his players as a talented team has struggled. "I'm a little disappointed that we aren't in the top echelon. ... So, big picture, we've got to really step it up these last nine games if we expect to reach our goal and our potential."

"It's definitely huge to get that confidence going," Austin Hollins said. "These road games in the Big Ten are never easy, so we've just got to come in with a lot of confidence and play tough because it's not going to be easy at all."

Said Smith of the victory over Iowa: "You can get down and lose your composure and just give up, but I'm really impressed with our guys, the way they recovered from that. And again, that takes a lot of guts, a lot of courage and a lot of character."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/189935281.html

Go Gophers!!

"I'm not pleased with where we are," Smith said, vocalizing once more the frustration that has percolated both from him and his players as a talented team has struggled. "I'm a little disappointed that we aren't in the top echelon. ... So, big picture, we've got to really step it up these last nine games if we expect to reach our goal and our potential."

thumbsup.gif

Top Bottom