2014 early commit could change the face of the program

DuggieD

Reaction score
As much as a nice tournement run could help recruiting...... an early commit from the states biggest recruits in 2014,,, could propel the program for the next couple of years....... If Tyus or Rashad were to verbal commit this spring my guess is that 1-2 more top 100 recruits would fallow suit.....

Saw Tyus in person for first time at Eagan tonight. Reminded me of the new Kobe Bryant - looking to pass first but taking over offensively in the 2nd half. Great passing skills and then he didn't miss a shot...

Serious question though, do guys give verbals in basketball? I feel like on a recruiting site you never see it, does the early signing period deter that?

Serious question though, do guys give verbals in basketball? I feel like on a recruiting site you never see it, does the early signing period deter that?

yeah happens a lot actually, not as much as football, but yea, it happens, few weeks joel berry verbally committed to UNC, and karl towns has done the same with UK, both top 15 kids for 2014, there are a few other top60 guys on espn who have given a verbal as well if you want to check it out

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2014/order/true

Am I misunderstanding the question? Almost everyone gives a verbal commitment before they actually sign a LOI.

ESPN is also showing Ohio State with two 2014 verbal commits and Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, and Wisconsin each have one as well.

Didn't some guys who early verballed to Indiana end up decommiting (or have their offer pulled) as well?

Top Bottom