OSU Vs. Michigan - who do you want to see win tonight?

XMan

Reaction score
I am pulling for Michigan. Think we have a better shot at catching OSU than the Wolverines. Thoughts?

I've said as much elsewhere, but Ohio State's resume from a win-loss perspective is very similar to ours right now, despite their better record:

Non-conference loss to Duke
One very solid home conference win (MSU for the Gophers, Michigan for the Buckeyes)
Close home win against Iowa
Close road losses to conference contenders (Indiana for the Gophers, MSU for the Buckeyes)
Baffling road loss to a non-contending conference team (Northwestern for the Gophers, Illinois for the Buckeyes)
Home loss to top-5 team (Michigan for the Gophers, Kansas for the Buckeyes)

The most glaring difference right now is that we have a home conference loss while they don't, but they still have to play Indiana, Minnesota and MSU in Columbus.

All that said, I hope Michigan wins tonight as it pushes the Buckeyes closer to us in the standings and think we could catch them with a decent 2nd half of the season.

It does not matter to me, because we haffta beat them both in the future. I just know that the B1G is a viscious conference this year, and who beats whom is immaterial, all that counts is the Gophers.

But deep down, I hate both tOSU and Michigan, so I hope that both of them lose to Penn State and Nebraska.

Michigan.

They play well and are fun to watch, are very well coached, and dont appear to be "hotdogs" - which I really appreciate.

As others have mentioned, Ohio State would likely be easier to catch. Outside of a good win against Michigan, their conference wins are:
Nebraska
@Purdue (who do seem to have gotten things together after their terrible non-conference record)
Iowa
@Penn State
Wisconsin
@Nebraska.

In their last 9 conference games, 6 of them are:
@Michigan (obviously)
Indiana
@Wisconsin
Minnesota
Michigan State
@Indiana

I could see as many as 4 losses against those teams. Their other games are Northwestern, @Northwestern, and Illinois, all of which I expect them to win. They've really only played three games against what I would consider upper-half Big Ten teams in the first half of their schedule, and one against a team that looked way better then but has dropped off sharply (one of Illinois's two conference wins was against Ohio State).

I'm no Ohio State fan, but for some reason I just don't want Michigan to win.

Definitely Michigan. If the Gophers have any chance at finishing in the top 4 of the Big Ten and getting a bye at the BTT, the path with least resistance would be to pass Ohio State (and Wisconsin). We still have games left with both those teams.

Michigan uniforms hurt my eyes

highlighter-yellow.jpg

Fans aren't allowed to rush the court in the SEC, is that what I just heard during the half-time show?

My wife says, "It's like watching ketchup and mustard play basketball!"

Didn't know where to put this, but did anyone watch the end of that Wichita State game? Crazy ending on a bad goal tending call.

The Arkansas fans tried after the win at home against Florida tonight - but the security pushed them back.

Come on Michigan, step it up on your home court!

Michigan uniforms hurt my eyes

My eyes literally started watering for 5 minutes after watching the game in all seriousness.

I for one hate the new highlighter themed jerseys across college ball. What'll it be like in 5 years? (scared)

Didn't see it. What happened?

Southern Illinois guard ran the court with a tied game and 5 seconds left, there was some contact at the top of the key and he threw up a runner from the free throw line. No call on the contact, but the shot is blocked at about the peak of the shot, but it looked like it was still going up to me. They called the basket good on a tough goal tending call with about 1 second left and SIU wins.

Has been a great game between these two. Gotta love college basketball.

Southern Illinois guard ran the court with a tied game and 5 seconds left, there was some contact at the top of the key and he threw up a runner from the free throw line. No call on the contact, but the shot is blocked at about the peak of the shot, but it looked like it was still going up to me. They called the basket good on a tough goal tending call with about 1 second left and SIU wins.

Crazy.

The Michigan-Ohio St. is a fun game. Going down to the wire.

NOBODY on this board gets to complain about a play called by Tubby coming out of a T.O. after that last 24 seconds.

This league is insane. If the Gophers-IU, MSU-IU, Wisconsin-IU, Michigan-IU, and OSU-Michigan games are any indication, can't wait to see all 12 teams converge on Chicago. An all-out 4-day bloodbath.

NOBODY on this board gets to complain about a play called by Tubby coming out of a T.O. after that last 24 seconds.

Haha, truth. Burke just dribbling it slowly up the court with about 20 seconds left and takes deep step-back three in the final seconds, I don't think there was even a pass attempted on that final possession.

Also, with 2:20 left in overtime 3 points have been scored, and Michigan leads 75-72, has anyone shot a 2 yet in overtime?

Dickie V mentions mich relying too much on perimeter jump shots. Same with their game against indy.

Haha, truth. Burke just dribbling it slowly up the court with about 20 seconds left and takes deep step-back three in the final seconds, I don't think there was even a pass attempted on that final possession.

Also, with 2:20 left in overtime 3 points have been scored, and Michigan leads 75-72, has anyone shot a 2 yet in overtime?

QFT. I always read about Beilein being a great coach, but I really don't see him do much other than put superior players out there and just let them have at it.

Michigan has to go to Wisconsin next and OSU gets Indiana. Could see either team losing those after the effort that went out tonight.

Top Bottom