Predict the 2nd half of the season

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Based on what you've seen so far, how do you see the final 9 games playing out?

@ MSU
vs Illinois
vs Wisconsin
@ Iowa
@ Ohio State
vs Indiana
vs Penn State
@ Nebraska
@ Purdue

My predictions:

@ MSU L
vs Illinois W
vs Wisconsin W
@ Iowa L
@ Ohio State L
vs Indiana L
vs Penn State W
@ Nebraska W
@ Purdue W

5-4 over the last 9, but was on the fence about the game in Iowa City.

@ MSU - l
vs Illinois - w
vs Wisconsin - w
@ Iowa - l
@ Ohio State - l
vs Indiana - l
vs Penn State - w
@ Nebraska - w
@ Purdue - w

the game at purdue and the game at iowa are the two that i struggled with the most. a win at iowa is doable as is a loss at purdue. if the former we go 11-7 and i'm happy; if the latter we go 9-9 and i'm very disappointed. i bet we split and finish 10-8 and teague touts winning big ten season and most fans say blah.

@ MSU L
vs Illinois W
vs Wisconsin W
@ Iowa L
@ Ohio State L
vs Indiana L
vs Penn State W
@ Nebraska W
@ Purdue L

This team is capable of going anywhere from 2-7 to 6-3.

Games we can't win: IU, @MSU, @ OSU

Games we can't lose: PSU, @Neb

Toss ups: Illinois, Wisconsin, @Iowa, @Purdue

I think we'll finish 4-5 and that makes 9-9.

I think there is no way we lose at Iowa...the refs will call their illegal screens and our outside shooting won't be as bad and Trevor won't be nonexistant for 3/4 of the game.

@ MSU W
vs Illinois W
vs Wisconsin W
@ Iowa W
@ Ohio State L
vs Indiana L
vs Penn State W
@ Nebraska W
@ Purdue W

It's hard for me to imagine us being better than 5-4 to end the B1G season. Our own inconsistency has really beaten us up in the 1st half and it's hard to see us overcoming those silly errors in the 2nd half of the season. This team is capable of winning 8 of their last 9 games, but capable and actual are two very different things with this team.

Leaning on the optimistic side will go with 6-3 to get the Gophers to my preseason projection of 11-7. Not sure that would be good enough to earn a bye at the Big Ten tourney, however.

@ MSU (L)
vs Illinois (W)
vs Wisconsin (W)
@ Iowa (L)
@ Ohio State (W) -- odds are we're gonna' bag one of the big boys on the road.
vs Indiana (L)
vs Penn State (W)
@ Nebraska (W)
@ Purdue (W)

Leaning on the optimistic side will go with 6-3 to get the Gophers to my preseason projection of 11-7. Not sure that would be good enough to earn a bye at the Big Ten tourney, however.

@ MSU (L)
vs Illinois (W)
vs Wisconsin (W)
@ Iowa (L)
@ Ohio State (W) -- Gophers bag their most significant road win of the season
vs Indiana (L)
vs Penn State (W)
@ Nebraska (W)
@ Purdue (W)

Ohio State is intriguing, their resume isn't that much different than the Gophers' right now - bad road loss (@ Illinois), very good home win (vs Michigan), no significant road victories, no significant home losses. Biggest difference is that the Gophers have had more tough games to date - but that changes this week as OSU gets Michigan and Indiana.

My Prediction
@ MSU W
vs Illinois W
vs Wisconsin W
@ Iowa W
@ Ohio State L
vs Indiana W
vs Penn State W
@ Nebraska W
@ Purdue W

Couple of tough road games I could see going either way with Michigan St., Iowa, Ohio St., and Purdue. Think we get a nice upset over Indiana at home. IMO the most realistic is probably 5-4, best case probably 8-1, worst case 4-5.

@ MSU - L
vs Illinois - W
vs Wisconsin - W
@ Iowa - W
@ Ohio State - L
vs Indiana - L
vs Penn State - W
@ Nebraska - W
@ Purdue - W

I think we could lose one of the Wisconsin, @Iowa, and @Purdue games but also think it's very well possible that we win one of @MSU, @OSU, and Indiana. 11-7 would probably get us a 5 or 6 seed in the BT tourney.

@MSU L a close one
vs Illinois W
vs Wisky W
@ Iowa L
@ OSU L
vs Indiana W
vs PSU W
@ Nebraska W
@ Turdue W

Top Bottom