Dumbest. Rumor. Ever.

Blake chose the Gophers in large part because he was accepted into the Carlson School of Business. It is amazing that he does this while being a scholarship bb player. It would not shock me if he dropped bb in order to focus on studies. That he would drop out of the Carlson school of business to play basketball elsewhere would be stunning. I predict he will get big minutes playing for Tubby next year. The kid is special.

That truly is the dumbest "rumor" I've ever seen.

If anyone has followed Hoffarber at all, they know that the kid bleeds maroon and gold, and has his entire life. He was offered scholarships from Louisville, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, etc., and still waited on the U for an offer so he could be a Gopher. I think you'd have to rip his Gopher uniform from his hands...

Blake chose the Gophers in large part because he was accepted into the Carlson School of Business. It is amazing that he does this while being a scholarship bb player. It would not shock me if he dropped bb in order to focus on studies. That he would drop out of the Carlson school of business to play basketball elsewhere would be stunning. I predict he will get big minutes playing for Tubby next year. The kid is special.

Unless he finds his shot, he better not be getting "big minutes" next year. Time, sure, since he's at least above average at other aspects of the game, but unless he can shoot he's nothing more than the 10th or 11th guy on this offensively challenged team.

And FWIW, the Carlson School of Business is easier than the other aspects of the school.. it's tougher to get into Carlson than it is to get good grades.. and with a few strings pulled or a little begging (I had a friend send a well written letter pleading to let him into Carlson) they will let you in.

And FWIW, the Carlson School of Business is easier than the other aspects of the school.. it's tougher to get into Carlson than it is to get good grades
This may have been true 2-3 years ago, but their new grading curves have really changed things. Carlson is much more difficult than it was a couple years ago.

Talk to someone currently in Carlson compared to 3 years ago, and you'll hear the difference.

Unless he finds his shot, he better not be getting "big minutes" next year. Time, sure, since he's at least above average at other aspects of the game, but unless he can shoot he's nothing more than the 10th or 11th guy on this offensively challenged team.

And FWIW, the Carlson School of Business is easier than the other aspects of the school.. it's tougher to get into Carlson than it is to get good grades.. and with a few strings pulled or a little begging (I had a friend send a well written letter pleading to let him into Carlson) they will let you in.

Gophers add 4 or 5 good players to the mix next year. PT minutes will be much tougher to come by for everyone but the 2 C on the team.

This may have been true 2-3 years ago, but their new grading curves have really changed things. Carlson is much more difficult than it was a couple years ago.

Talk to someone currently in Carlson compared to 3 years ago, and you'll hear the difference.

Carlson used to give everyone A's. Now, thanks to the grading curve, they just give everyone B+'s.

It actually depends on the level of class...3000 level are curved to a B and 4000+ are curved to B+

Top Bottom