Alvin Ellis is a steal.

balds

Reaction score
Much like Andre Hollins was. 3 star my ace. We need guys who can put the ball in the basket, and he's one of them. When I watched Andre's film I thought "this guy is a THREE star"? I feel the same way about Ellis.

Andre was a top 100 recruit wasn't he? The more I hear about Ellis the more I like him, as a sophmore wasn't Foster on the same pedestal as Jabari Parker?

Andre Hollins was indeed a top 100 recruit.

Andre was a 4 star and a top 100 recruit. But Yes I agree with you on Ellis! Very excited to see him next year!

Ellis isn't very athletic, and only averages 14PPG. He kind of reminds me more of Julian Welch than Andre Hollins. Can you please elaborate more about your enthusiasm about this guy?

For his sake, wait until he at least plays one game for the Gophers before making grand pronouncements.

3 star #110 on Rivals.

Rivals 3 star at # 110, higher on Scout and they have him as a 4 star.

But the point is well taken , he has been a very good player coming under the radar a little.

NBA Draft Express has him listed as the 32nd best sophomore in NCAA.

For his sake, wait until he at least plays one game for the Gophers before making grand pronouncements.

Calm down FTB. What grand pronouncements were made? Can't anyone show a little enthusiasm about recruits without you freaking out.

He was also a 4 star on espn. Rivals is not the be all end all.

Calm down FTB. What grand pronouncements were made? Can't anyone show a little enthusiasm about recruits without you freaking out.

Wait a minute here burton. I took it as FTB was referring to jibrahnike's outofhisass comment.

Dre was not a 4 star any where until after his senior season. He was a 3 star across the board when we got his commit. I'm also very high on Ellis, he's been having a huge senior year. Anybody know how tall he is? I've seen 6'3, 6'4, and 6'5 listed. Just curious.

That he is a steal? I like what I have read and heard about him a lot, but to declare someone a steal that has yet to step foot on a B10 court seems a bit quick, IMO...

I could see Alvin Ellis spelling Austin Hollins for us after Austin graduates.

What exactly was so grand that he's somehow being set up for failure? People can't get excited about a recruit? You made it seem like there were outrageous expectations in this thread.

Setting up a kid for failure should be avoided.

I think Ellis could be a real good player as well. We should have a wealth of athletic wings who can score (which we lack now) soon with Ellenson, Ellis & Buggs. Will Ellis take Austin's spot when he graduates, perhaps. Austin's more of a spot up shooter, defensive guy though, where Ellis is more of a a slasher/scorer.

Next year we will have nice litte 2-deep for the gard spots

PG - Andre/Mav
SG - Austin/Ellis
SF - Coleman/Wally

Unfortunately te PF and C positions are not so solid with the loses of Trevor and Rodney.

Next year we will have nice litte 2-deep for the gard spots

PG - Andre/Mav
SG - Austin/Ellis
SF - Coleman/Wally

Unfortunately te PF and C positions are not so solid with the loses of Trevor and Rodney.

We'll be fine at C, EE has really come on as of late and should be a very solid starter next year. Mo will hopefully develop into a solid reserve C. PF is the big question mark. One of Buggs, Oto, and Foster (or our 3rd recruit) will have to step up and take hold of the starting PF spot. My guess Oto ends up starting at the 4, but I'm holding out hope for Buggs since I think he has a ton of potential.

Either way, scoring from our bigs is a huge concern for next year. Our big 3 next year is gonna have to put up huge numbers in order for us to have a good season.

Top Bottom