What a surprise, a privledged whiny Duke fan....

I find the pompous Duke fan in comment section just as hilarious, it takes balls to wear opposing colors in the other team's student section, no way in hell would I sit with the grateful red or the Izone, but if you do it better be ready to take your medicine if your team loses. Plus it sounds like they were just being heckled as long as there's no physical abuse or death threats I don't see a problem with any of this. That fan needs to fix her sarcasm meter

A Duke fan thinking they're better than everyone else? Never!

This is like walking through the middle of a dodge ball game, getting hit in the face, and complaining about it afterwards.

"Instead, she did the most Duke thing ever. Wear Duke gear in an opposing team's student section and then complain about the experience of wearing Duke gear in an opposing team's student section."

Fantastic writing. I would be a little disappointed if I wore my maroon and gold into another school's (or for that matter, any of the MN professional team's colors) stadium and didn't catch some flack for it. When it comes to going into the student section, that is true tenfold. I am a grad student here (and alum of the undergrad program), and I went to a hockey game against Wisconsin last year with a handful of classmates, some of whom were Badger undergrads. As my classmates and friends, I try to overlook their choice of undergraduate institutions and focus on their positive attributes, but there were some students who gave them a hard time about their choice of colors, and I was not about to do anything to try to prevent that. Don't walk into the lion's den and be surprised at how big the teeth are.

Top Bottom