Dunks, Dunks and More Dunks: Video Highlights: Gophers Dunk Over Huskers 84-65

The Austin Hollins putback followed closey by that nasty Rodney Williams dunk at the end of the video were my two favorites.

Why hello! glad you enjoyed it.

I'm just glad the "dunks don't matter" talk has died away. Dunks are easy baskets, and unequvically good.

I've been on the "dunks are overrated" crowd for a long time. Having said that, that video was a lot of fun. The part I like the most about dunks are, as you said, two easy points. If you are in a position where you are alone with the basket, it means that you and the team have done something right to get behind the defense and you have a bucket that should be money 100% of the time.

Tell that to Austin in the Wisconsin game, that must be why Rodney always dunks with two hands

Why hello! glad you enjoyed it.

I'm just glad the "dunks don't matter" talk has died away. Dunks are easy baskets, and unequvically good.

Dunks in traffic is also a sign of someone going strong to the hoop. When you go strong, there's a better chance of success (getting the bucket or getting fouled) and less chance of getting blocked. In the case of Rodney, I think he's got such a big reputation as a great dunker, that defenders sometimes don't even try to contest him on fast breaks or even in the half court offense when he gets the ball near the basket.

Top Bottom