Week of 1/29 Non-Gopher Game Thread

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
We've talked about doing it for a while now, so I decided to get one started. This will be our game thread for non-gopher basketball games this week.

Wisconsin down 7 at tO$U after leading for a while. Ryan Evans is terrible.

Just looking at the boxscore and with 1:30 left Wisco hasn't shot a free throw. I'm surprised Bo's head hasn't exploded

The Gophers should move up a few spots. #19 NC State lost to Virginia 58-55. #15 Wichita State lost to Indiana State 68-55 and #15 Ole Miss lost to Kentucky 86-74.

We gotta take care of business against Iowa first. I want to stay at 500 or above the rest of the season now. Need to beat Iowa to do that. It is good to see teams ranked ahead of us lose though.

Iowa is a must win. Good to see the skunks go down

As much as people want to bitch about our 4 losses in a row. At least we aren't Illinois, they just lost a pretty close one to Michigan State to fall to 2-7 in conference.

Edit: And they were up 10 at half I guess (I didn't watch the whole game).

I was watching on and off at Outback and Illini couldn't make anything or get O rebounds in the second half.

I watched most of the Sparty and Illini game and Illiniois controlled most of the 1st half by making some 3s and taking advantage of quite a few Sparty turnovers. As the game went on Illini went a little cold for a wild and Sparty tightened up on D and made some better decisons in the 2nd half and lead between 4-8 for the majority of the last 10 minutes.

I sure hope Illinois takes their frustrations out on Wisconsin and shoots lights out this weekend at home. Looking at their schedule, I can't see any way Wisconsin doesn't finish better than 9-9 in conference.

But of course they will probably play as rotten as they did in the game in Madison. :mad:

Top Bottom